Accuweather/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Weather - Vancouver to Sydney6/30/2013Dave Dombek
  Q: We will be sailing from Vancouver, BC, Canada to Sydney, Australia at end of September through ...
  A: Sharon, Of course, at this stage, there is no way to give you an accurate forecast for your trip. ...
Air temp6/20/2013Dave Dombek
  Q: What would the average air temps be, going from LA to Cabo on the Pacific Ocean in late November? ...
  A: Air temperatures around LA at that time average in the mid to upper 60s for highs, with lows near ...
Which should feel hotter?6/12/2013Dave Dombek
  Q: I play a lot of golf. In the summer, I usually prefer to play latter in the day--even starting at ...
  A: Mike, It's not your imagination! Dew points, or the actual measure of the water vapor content in ...
Beach forecast5/13/2013Dave Dombek
  Q: Dave. How do you do? Could you tell me where I may discover beach forecasts for my zip code area, ...
  A: Check out the following website: http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/ It has lots of information on ...
Feeling Temp differences2/16/2013Dave Dombek
  Q: Inside Temp is 67f, but going to covered porch is 64f & feels warmer than inside. No fans or wind. ...
  A: Roberta, It could be humidity, but without actually being there, it is impossible to determine ...
Cruising to Hawaii2/6/2013Dave Dombek
  Q: Dombeck, We will be cruising to/from Hawaii from 2/13 to 2/27. We depart from LA on the 13th and ...
  A: Pat, The situation out over the sea as far as the waves are concerned is really dependent on ...
Cruising weather from Long Beach to Hawaii1/15/2013Dave Dombek
  Q: My family is going on a cruise from LA to Hawaii for the next 2 weeks and want to take appropriate ...
  A: The normal high and low temperatures during this period near LA are in the mid to upper 60s by day ...
Weather in January12/10/2012Dave Dombek
  Q: Cruising from LA to Hawaii in January 2013, what type of weather should we expect
  A: Suzanne, It is too early to give you exact details on the weather during your cruise in January. ...
Approximate Air Tempertures while Cruising the Pacific Ocean11/15/2012Dave Dombek
  Q: We are on a 14 day cruise from Los Angeles to Hawaii starting the last week in November. For ...
  A: Air temperatures will be at their coolest near the California coast. Averages at that time are mid ...
Pacific Ocean weather8/18/2012Dave Dombek
  Q: Thinking about a 14 day cruise, L. A. to Hawaii in Dec. What would be your guess as to temperature ...
  A: Daytime temperatures could range from the 50s or 60s in L.A. to the 80s in HI, with readings ...
dew point and discomfort6/9/2012Dave Dombek
  Q: I understand that when the humidity is high, when the dew point is near the actual temperature, ...
  A: That is a good question! You are correct that with a temperature of 100 and a dew point of 70, the ...
Weather for LA to HI crossing4/7/2012Dave Dombek
  Q: Dave. Any predictions as to weather on the Pacific crossing from Los Angeles to Hawaii late next ...
  A: I had some unexpected commitments over the past several days and I'm just getting a chance to see ...
Probability of Frost with Current Lake Temp3/20/2012Dave Dombek
  Q: Can you tell me the probability of frost in the Chautauqua / Erie Grape Belt along Lake Erie given ...
  A: Melissa, I suspect that even with the unusually warm weather and higher than normal lake water ...
Hawaii Cruise2/21/2012Dave Dombek
  Q: Leaving on a cruise from San Diego to Hawaii on Feb. 25th for 2 weeks. How can I get average ...
  A: Mary, The average high temperatures in San Diego during that time are in the mid 60s, while ...
Pacific Ocean Air Temperature2/15/2012Dave Dombek
  Q: Could you please let me know the approximate average air temperature on the Pacific Ocean, between ...
  A: Bev, As you said, it would be "average" temperatures, and not actuals, since there is no way to ...
weather pacific february1/10/2012Dave Dombek
  Q: We are scheduled to take a cruise from los angeles to hawaii february 15th to 29th 2012 . what ...
  A: Earl, It is too early to give you any reliable weather information for that area during that ...
science12/10/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: Will warmer waters create an even more destructive hurricane?
  A: The higher the temperature is above 80 degrees F, the greater potential energy there is for a ...
temperature+humidity= sensible/apparent temperatures10/26/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: At high temperatures humidity has a definite impact on sensible temperatures ( humidex in ...
  A: Roger, Humidity has a much bigger impact on sensible temperature when it is warm as opposed to ...
Accuracy of long-term weather predictions8/20/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: I was wondering how accurate a 7-14 day weather forecast is? I will be going away on a camping trip ...
  A: Laura, In general, the farther out into the future you go, the less accurate a forecast becomes. A ...
weather in Cancun next week7/19/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: We have a family vacation scheduled for Cancun, Mexico from July 24-31. Unless I am misinterpreting ...
  A: Nathan, From what I can tell, it really doesn't look all that bad. I don't foresee any tropical ...
LA to HI Cruise7/11/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: .. I am looking at two potential cruise dates from LA to HI, Mar 14-28 2012 and April 14-28 2012. ...
  A: John, I would say that the April dates are SLIGHTLY more likely to be free of any big storms. ...
September Wedding Forcast ?6/14/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: I am getting married on Saturday September 10th, 2011 in Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972. I am trying to ...
  A: Victoria, There is no way that I can give you an accurate forecast for September 10th this far ...
Weather in the Pacific6/6/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: Dave, I will be traveling by cruise ship to Hawaii in February of 2012. What is the weather, (temp & ...
  A: Pat, The weather in that zone during the month of February will really depend on what type of ...
September Wedding.5/18/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: I am planning a wedding for September 24th, 2011. I was hoping you could give me an idea of the ...
  A: Char, On September 24th, the normal high temperature is about 67, and the normal low temperature ...
air temp cruising5/5/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: Can you tell me the average air temperature leaving from San Francisco to Hawaii on Oct. 1st?
  A: Mary Jo, The average high temperature in San Fransisco on October 1st is 72, and the normal low is ...
September Wedding Mountain Forecast5/3/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: I am planning an outdoor September wedding for the Snoqualmie Pass, Washington area. Could you tell ...
  A: Stephanie, The average high temperature at that location on September 17th is around 60 degrees, ...
Wedding 9/23/11 Hopkinsville ky4/29/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: I am getting married in Hopkinsville ky on 9/23/11 outside. I was wondering if you can tell me the ...
  A: Sheri, For Hopkinsville, KY, the normal high temperature on September 23rd is 79, and the normal ...
weather pacific ocean4/20/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: Cruising from Vancouver B.C. to Hawaiin Islands and back what kind of weather should we expect? ...
  A: Michelle, The weather during the first part of this period looks pretty nice in the Hawaiin ...
Florida September 2011 Weather4/7/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: I was wondering if you could please help me determine what the weather will be like for my wedding ...
  A: There is no way to know for sure what will happen weather wise on September 23rd of this year. ...
Heating degree days4/4/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: Where can I get historical monthly heating degree data for the Andover MA area from 1960 to the ...
  A: Bill, I'm not sure what to say, other than to suggest that you try contacting our climatology or ...
cruise weather from la to hawaii3/17/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: IWOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE WEATHER WILL BE LIKE MARCH 26- APRIL 9 ON A CRUISE TO HAWAII
  A: Dennis, It is a bit too early to give you an accurate forecast for that area during that period. ...
january 2011 avg high temp3/7/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: what was the average high temp for January 2011 in Louisville, KY?
  A: Shirley, Here is the data for Louisville, KY in January of this year. You will have to crunch the ...
wedding weather2/2/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: My fiance' and I are planning a wedding in Southeast Ohio. The wedding may take place outdoors and ...
  A: Cindy, There is no way that I can give you any reliable weather information for the dates that you ...
Real Feel and plants1/27/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: I am guessing that Real Feel is the temperature that it feels like, but not the actual temperature, ...
  A: For the sake of the plants, only pay attention to the actual temperature. It could be 40 degrees ...
temperatures on October 22,2011 in Louisville, Ohio1/13/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: My daughter is scheduled to have her wedding outdoors in Louisville, Ohio on October 22, 2011. I ...
  A: All I can do at this stage is to give you some guidelines for Louisville, OH. For October 22nd, ...
weather conditions1/5/2011Dave Dombek
  Q: I live in area code 60120 and wanted to know if it snowed on 12-26-2010 and if so, how many inches ...
  A: Joe, There are no reporting stations really close to your zip code. However, from what I can tell, ...
fall wedding approaching12/27/2010Dave Dombek
  Q: Dave, I know you probably get tired of these questions. I just don't see anywhere else online to ...
  A: Amy, For Nashville, TN, here are the temp stats for the two dates you requested... October 22nd: ...
chinooks12/22/2010Dave Dombek
  Q: I have a strange one for you - I live in Calgary and am in the market to buy a home. The issue is, ...
  A: Lisa, I am not really familar with Calgary. However, since Chinooks generally come in from some ...
wedding weather11/23/2010Dave Dombek
  Q: my daughter is getting married outside in frankfort, il on 9-10-11. curious what the weather will ...
  A: Nancy, With that date being almost 10 months away, there is no way that I can give you an accurate ...
cruise to hawaii in Feb11/11/2010Dave Dombek
  Q: We would like to cruie to hawaii on Feb 28,What kind of weather sould we encouter crossing the ocean
  A: Linda, It was way too early to give you any specific weather information about your cruise in ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Accuweather