Acoustic Guitars/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Takamine accoustic guitar12/11/2016Kevin Dunham
  Q: My father has left me a Takamine electro accoustic guitar serial number 86020752 just wondered if it ...
  A: What you have here is a pro built Takamine EC132SC Acoustic-Electric Classical Guitar. It has long ...
K Yairi Classical with no model number..12/2/2016Kevin Dunham
  Q: was hoping I could get some information on a classical guitar I came across at an antique shop. The ...
  A: or shall I say at his factory (gakki). K. Yairi is brother to S. Yairi, both guitar builders of some ...
Hohner acoustic guitar12/1/2016Kevin Dunham
  Q: My grandfather recently gave me an old Hohner acoustic guitar. Inside on the label it says Hohner ...
  A: This guitar, and many similar models from this era, are generally lower quality, entry level, and ...
Orpheum Guitar Info12/1/2016Kevin Dunham
  Q: I have this archtop, Orpheum No. 1 that I am trying to get info on. The guitar is in great ...
  A: Current contemporary thought is that your guitar was made by the Untied Guitar Company of New ...
Alvarez artist 5014 six string11/29/2016Kevin Dunham
  Q: So, I have a guitar I bought a while back at a garage sale that sadly I must part with. I am ...
  A: what you have here is a mid 1990's Alvarez Artist Model 5014 acoustic guitar, Grand Concert or OM ...
Sigma DM-4C3/4/2016Kevin Dunham
  Q: Can you tell me what the facing of the headstock is covered with? It appears to be something made to ...
  A: The headstock plate is laminate Indian rosewood. The Sigma by Martin DM-4C was put on the Sigma ...
Acoustic Bass Pickguard?1/15/2016Kevin Dunham
  Q: I'm buying an acoustic bass for my boyfriends birthday. I think I've found the one I want to buy ...
  A: It is really up to the player. I like a pickguard on my acoustic bass because I use a pick, many ...
Yamaha cpx 15na12/15/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: I have the opportunity to buy a brand new Yamaha CPX 15NA. I was wondering what a brand new one is ...
  A: These usuualy sell for around $950.00 to $1500.00. A picture would have been good but these ...
Find a Guitar, need help I.D.10/19/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: I found this old looking guitar in my grandfathers closet. This guitar has no names on it what so ...
  A: I wouldn't worry too much about regretting any decision you may make regarding divesting yourself of ...
Sigma DR-359/13/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: What might you tell me about my DR-35, with a head-stock serial number 905055, and another number on ...
  A: SIGMA BY MARTIN GUITAR INQUIRY Hi. Thanks for your inquiry. I do think I can help you but I am ...
value of sigma Martin dr28n8/3/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: Thru research I found I have a dr28n in original condition & in very good condition . Can you ...
  A: Sigma DR-28's usually sell from $200.00-$400.00. I have a website www.nossigmamartinguitars.com and ...
Japanese guitar dating systems7/14/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: Cheers Nick. ANSWER: Hi Nick. I guess my 1st question is how do you know it is pre 1960? Is it ...
  A: Shiro was made by he Aria company in the 197os...here are some links to help you educate yourself: ...
Mid-Late 80's Sigma Guitar6/26/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: I bought a solid top Sigma Guitar in the 80's while I was working part time at a music store. I'm ...
  A: Yeah, I think I can help. Why don't you send me a couplpe of pics, one of the whole front of the ...
Shiro A5506/10/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: Kevin don't mean to be a pain, does a A550 look the same as the A551 as the picture's i've seen of ...
  A: Yes,Jose Ramirez, et al, etc.. would print labels under Shiro's name on his request as he was ...
Shiro Guitar6/9/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: I have a Rare classical guitar 6 string, 650mm long,label reads Contruccion Artistic De Guitarra, ...
  A: Your guitar was marketd by Aria in the 70's. It is probably made Aria Model No. A562, construccion ...
Alvarez 5078 Laser Cut4/15/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: Kevin, I have a 1983, Alvarez 5078 thin line laser cut guitar. I bought it around 1984. Maybe ...
  A: I hope this helps steer you towards learning more about your Alvarez. Yes, refinishing does ...
National wooden body resonator4/14/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: first up I'd like to thank you in advance for any help you may give me in identifying this for me. ...
  A: Please send a picture of the full front and back, headstock front and back with a clear view of the ...
value2/3/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: I have a 69 or 70 Guild acoustic guitar. model # G 37 bl mint condition/original case(handle ...
  A: If it is in mint condtion I wouldn't be surprised to see a $1000.00 price tag on a late 60's early ...
Vintage takamine?2/1/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: I am curious as if I'm getting a good deal on a guitar or if there is a reason it's being sold for ...
  A: Well, from my research I see that it is a classical guitar and that may be one reason it is a low ...
1982 Alavarez1/26/2015Kevin Dunham
  Q: Curious about my new favorite guitar. Alavarez seems to be a difficult firm to research. Got this ...
  A: not laminate. The current value of the collectible guitar in excellent condition is in the ...
Learning gui9tar12/1/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: I think I may have submitted a question recently. I am trying to learn guitar in my own and have ...
  A: Yes, I do remember your question from a while back and I shared with you some tips about your wrist. ...
Century Quality guitar11/14/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: I would be greatful to you if you could help me find more information about the acoustic guitar ...
  A: I will probably not be of much help here but I will try. There is a little buzz about very ornate, ...
Yairi Gakki11/12/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: I have just found/bought a Yairi guitar. It has a round label which says handmade in Japan by Yairi ...
  A: I am sorry to say that this Yairi guitar was not made by the same Yairi of Alvarez fame,Kazuo Yairi. ...
1972 Alvarez Yairi Model 503611/8/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: We have a 1972 Alvarez Yairi Model 5036, Serial 4846 or 4946 in Good to Very Good Condition. This ...
  A: The 5036 Yairi Virtuoso was second from the high end classical in the early 1970's. You already ...
alvarez guitar model 5056/sn47146311/3/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: i recently came across one in a shop. asking price is $175.00. do you know what it is worth?
  A: Sorry for the delay-I didn't get the original message. These are nice intermediateguitars and they ...
Guitar question11/2/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: I have a starter Fender guitar that I have been teaching myself with the Hal Leonard series (book ...
  A: You have asked a very good set of questions and I think I can give you a few pointers. I also play ...
Guitar appraisal10/21/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: Do you know what we can sell a Takamine Company Guitar, stamped inside, Est. 1962, F385 with it's ...
  A: These 12 string all laminate guitars usually sell for between $150.00 to $350.00 depending on ...
Alvarez 12 string10/19/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: I have a Yairi DY76, serial #21246. I'm trying to get an approximate value and any information on ...
  A: Your DY76 12 string was probably made in the mid 1970s but as the serial number is incomplete (they ...
XL excel series made by dixon10/4/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: what is the value of my XL excel series electric guitar? is made by dixon its in excellent shape ...
  A: I mean no disrespect and please do not take offense, but these are entry level, beginner's ...
Tacoma model DM9 SN#D173011010/2/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: Found this guitar in an estate sale and was wondering if you can give me an estimate of the value? ...
  A: Hi. I might be able to help and I will certainly try. The early Tacoma's were very good and made in ...
1978 Takamine F340SD9/28/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: What level of quality were these guitars built? I've found one in excellent condition that I am ...
  A: These 1970's F-340SD instruments were pretty good quality Martin copies and have solid spruce tops, ...
Old Silvertone Guitar9/24/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: I have my mothers old Silvertone guitar, now I do not know how old it is, the numbers on it as far ...
  A: I think I can help you but I would like for you to send me a full front and full back picture. Also ...
Vintage Morris Tornado guitar9/23/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: I have already asked you a question about this guitar, but I have just received some information : - ...
  A: I doubt that it is a fake. Morris was/is Moridaira Gakki and is one of the oldest string musical ...
Vintage Morris acoustic guitar9/23/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: I have seen the following Morris acoustic guitar which will be on auction this week (in France) : ...
  A: Morris was/is Moridaira Gakki and is one of the oldest string musical instrument factories in Japan. ...
HOKADA 12 Strings - Japan9/17/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: Here are the pictures. Anybody knows about its quality, and the year it was made? Thanks a lot.
  A: While I cannot tell you the manufacturer, it looks to be an late 1960's or early 1970's made in ...
S. Yairi flamento Model F-29/8/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: I've had a Yairi flamenco for about 10 years that I'd like to find out more about. I'm hoping ...
  A: headstock and rosette as well as a full body shot front and back. S. Yairi (Not to be confused with ...
help8/30/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: how can I now, if a Takamine 12 string guitar in an original 1962 guitar? I have a serial number ...
  A: The serial number you have mentioned is invalid-It should contain 8 numbers and no letters. It think ...
Antique Acoustic Guitar8/17/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: We have a very old acoustic guitar that was my wife's great grandmothers. It does not have a brand ...
  A: Your guitar looks to me like a 1930's, 1940's or 1950's Supertone (precursor to Harmony Instrument ...
takamine guitar8/12/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: Can you tell me anything about a guitar I just picked up? Takamine & co. Inside is stamped f 3608. ...
  A: I DO think I can help somewhat and steer you in the right direction to learn more about your ...
S. Yairi ID help7/27/2014Kevin Dunham
  Q: I do hope you can help me a little. I am trying to find out as much as possible about my guitar ...
  A: Your guitar is made by Sadao Yairi. It is a classical style & has a spruce top and rosewood back and ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Acoustic Guitars

Kevin Dunham

Top Expert on this page