Acoustic Guitars/Alvarez- Yairi DY-54 1982 Ser# 45277

Larry H. wrote at 2015-03-20 18:10:12
I, too, have a DY-54 with what looks to be similar suggested specs. Bought used in great shape about 15 years ago.

And, yes, mine does have the small leaf-shaped inlay on the very lowest edge of the top. It's in a somewhat darker wood. (And the bridge is also a one-piece design, not the current two-piece one.)

It's a great guitar; I have a small project studio, and over the years, I've had two guys on separate occasions record with my DY-54 *in preference to* their own highly-regarded vintage Martins they had brought along.

Anyway, I know this is rather a zombie topic, but any more expert knowledge being contributed about this awesome Yairi would be wonderful. TIA.  

Acoustic Guitars

D. Hughes

Alvarez/Alvarez Yairi, K. Yairi, S. Yairi, and Yairi and Son. There are also a few export models, Wilson and Samick by S. Yairi. NOTE: Due to very limited info available on K. Yairi, S. Yairi, and Yairi and Son models, without photo's I won't be able to do the research necessary to try and find the answers you want. Even then, we are talking about 50+ Years of guitar manufacturing, with hundreds of different models. A lot of which were exported to other countries, where info is even harder to find, so, I can't guarantee that I will be able to pinpoint your EXACT model! I will do my best to gather as much info, and answer your questions. PLEASE, if you have questions in regards to OTHER BRANDS, use the Guitar-General catagory, as I won't be able to help you.

Research over the past 4 years, and have been answering posts on both the Alvarez Message Board (over 500 up to now), and, the Yahoo Yairiguitars group. Opened new Alvarez (guitars and banjos), Alvarez Yairi, K. Yairi, S. Yairi Yahoo Group after Alvarez MB stopped working.

High School, Empire College graduate 4.0 gpa. 1992
Knowledge limited to ONLY the brands mentioned! Alvarez Alvarez Yairi K. Yairi S. Yairi Yairi and Son