Acoustic Guitars/Alvarez 5056 age?

Kole wrote at 2010-07-13 08:30:53
I would like to add that I do not think these were all laminate... I own a 5056 j yamada and yes the back and sides are laminate but the top certainly appears solid. Using a mirror you can follow the grain all around from top to bottom in the sound hole. great little guitar... could use a little more bottom end but the high end sparkle is wonderful. I pair it with a Larrivee d03 mahogany and I have two guitars that handle whatever sound I need. I wouldn't trade it for anything.  

Barry wrote at 2014-03-11 22:34:11
I have one of these from 77, mine has no serial number, has the Eagle and Model 5056 then a line Ano. with what appears to be a hand written 5/77 and then Made In Japan across the bottom of the label

Acoustic Guitars

D. Hughes

Alvarez/Alvarez Yairi, K. Yairi, S. Yairi, and Yairi and Son. There are also a few export models, Wilson and Samick by S. Yairi. NOTE: Due to very limited info available on K. Yairi, S. Yairi, and Yairi and Son models, without photo's I won't be able to do the research necessary to try and find the answers you want. Even then, we are talking about 50+ Years of guitar manufacturing, with hundreds of different models. A lot of which were exported to other countries, where info is even harder to find, so, I can't guarantee that I will be able to pinpoint your EXACT model! I will do my best to gather as much info, and answer your questions. PLEASE, if you have questions in regards to OTHER BRANDS, use the Guitar-General catagory, as I won't be able to help you.

Research over the past 4 years, and have been answering posts on both the Alvarez Message Board (over 500 up to now), and, the Yahoo Yairiguitars group. Opened new Alvarez (guitars and banjos), Alvarez Yairi, K. Yairi, S. Yairi Yahoo Group after Alvarez MB stopped working.

High School, Empire College graduate 4.0 gpa. 1992
Knowledge limited to ONLY the brands mentioned! Alvarez Alvarez Yairi K. Yairi S. Yairi Yairi and Son