Acoustic Guitars/Alvarez Electric

Mark D. in Boston wrote at 2011-12-31 01:45:36
I have an Alvarez Dove, model 5024. It has a cracked pickguard, probably cellulose as other plastics tend to not crack. My SN is 44584 on a yellow sticker and he date is 25/4/78, the label in the sound hole is yellowish. It has a low profile tune-a-matic style bridge. The action is very low and the sound is very nice. It is a real bargain compared to a Gibson Dove. I've played both and they are both nice. I think the Gibson is a bit louder across the range of notes, as I recall.

RickS wrote at 2015-04-13 21:04:34
I have one as well that was given to me by a friend of the family, made in Japan, with the 5034 on the paper.  

Acoustic Guitars

D. Hughes

Alvarez/Alvarez Yairi, K. Yairi, S. Yairi, and Yairi and Son. There are also a few export models, Wilson and Samick by S. Yairi. NOTE: Due to very limited info available on K. Yairi, S. Yairi, and Yairi and Son models, without photo's I won't be able to do the research necessary to try and find the answers you want. Even then, we are talking about 50+ Years of guitar manufacturing, with hundreds of different models. A lot of which were exported to other countries, where info is even harder to find, so, I can't guarantee that I will be able to pinpoint your EXACT model! I will do my best to gather as much info, and answer your questions. PLEASE, if you have questions in regards to OTHER BRANDS, use the Guitar-General catagory, as I won't be able to help you.

Research over the past 4 years, and have been answering posts on both the Alvarez Message Board (over 500 up to now), and, the Yahoo Yairiguitars group. Opened new Alvarez (guitars and banjos), Alvarez Yairi, K. Yairi, S. Yairi Yahoo Group after Alvarez MB stopped working.

High School, Empire College graduate 4.0 gpa. 1992
Knowledge limited to ONLY the brands mentioned! Alvarez Alvarez Yairi K. Yairi S. Yairi Yairi and Son