Acoustic Guitars/Alvarez 1983

rascalpa wrote at 2011-04-10 04:45:23
I have this guitar and play it quite a bit.  The sound is quite unique, very different than anything else.  Just today I was looking to see when it was built and found this post.  Could you tell me what it is worth on todays market, as I might be willing to part with it for the right price.  

DArkeyez wrote at 2012-01-10 01:40:16
My father purchased an Alvarez 5076 in 1982 commemorating the 60 years of SLM. It looks a LOT like this one but does have a soundhole. I inherited it when i was in my teens and traded it away in my late teens. All these years later (im 40 now) i have been searching and searching and can't find any like it...ANYWHERE. It had a serial number on the plaque that read #475 so i know they made at least that many. I couldnt even find a picture of one on the internet. The other day, while doing my monthly "hail mary" search i ran across the EXACT guitar on ebay. I ended up snagging it for $205 which is more than i traded it for back in my teens! Just letting you know, it IS possible to find your long lost love again. I learned to play on this guitar and have fond memories of it, now it is back in my hands.

Sherry wrote at 2013-03-31 17:39:52
Adrian,

This is an Artist Series http://s127.photobucket.com/user/one4rich/media/Halloween2010etc008.jpg.html#/us

I had the exact same guitar and it was STOLEN from me, they are very rare to find. I actually called Alvarez to ask them if the guitar was still being made. Just do a google search for Alvarez Artist Series (Paul McCartney) It is a great guitar, but I hate to say it unless your dad is willing to pass it on, you will probably never find one. They are very rare. I still miss mine everyday.  Sherry

John wrote at 2014-01-29 22:33:00
I know the feeling about this guitar it is very hard to find my mother has one just like this and she actually just this year gave it to me for my 26th birthday. It is a 1982 Alvarez SLM 60th anniversary 5051 it will not be easy to find and will be in the range of 500 - 1000 dollars. I hope that this helps you in your search

Acoustic Guitars

Dan Goss