Acoustic Guitars/Century Quality guitar

I would be greatful to you if you could help me find more information about the acoustic guitar Century CG-570. I have tried, but could not find online such information as for example: approximate year and country of production, materials used and any other relevant details.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

ANSWER: Hi. I will probably not be of much help here but I will try. There is a little buzz about very ornate, bling-y octagonal soundhole Century guitars with novel bridge and string configurations...and I looked at the Acoustic Guitar Forum and the 'Guitarz' blog and there are pictures of these over the top presentation type guitars but no one seems to know very much about them other than they are alledgedly hand built to Taylor specs....Find below links to various sites where they talk about Century guitars and the last link to the over the top Century noe bing offered for thousands on e bay. It is a mystery I cannot solve. Sorry

thank you very much for your answer! Here are some pictures of this guitar:

Can you please tell from what you see whether the top is from solid wood or this is virtually impossible from what can be seen on the picture. In addition, I have seen on the links you ahve sent to me that Century CG-530 model was produced in Taiwan. Could it be the case that the model I am interested in (CG-570) was also made in Taiwan?

Thank you again for your answer!

If it is just like the guitar you have then yes it is highly probable that this is a Asain made (Tiawan in this case) guitar. It seems to fit. I cannot tell if this is a solid top guitar but here is how to tell. Look to see if the grain fron the top curls around and goes all the way through the wood at the soundhole. If you can see the grain all the way through then it is a solid top...if there are layer lines at the soundhole then it is laminate. Here is a link to many images illustrating what I mean. Good luck!

Acoustic Guitars

Kevin Dunham

Sigma by Martin guitars, Vintage Asian Import Guitars, acoustic guitars, american guitars, vintage music gear and vinyl record albums

I am a scholar and researcher of vintage Asain Import guitars and my area of expertise is Sigma by Martin fretted instruments imported by C.F. Martin & Co. from 1970-2007. I have been compiling materials and studying Sigma since 2008.

I have my own website,, a blog, Sigma Martin Memo's, I am a consultant on the Vintage Sigma Guitars Facebook page and am an editor of the Sigma Guitars Wikipedia page. I am also writing a book on the sigma line and have just returned from MArtin in NAzareth where I was granted access to and permisiion to reproduce Sigma by MArtin materials by Dick Boak, Archivist at Martin. Martin customer service representatives now refer Sigma by Martin inquiries that they cannot answer to me.

My book propsal is currently under review by Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publshing group and an article I wrote for Vintage Guitar Mazine is under advisement.

Studied at Linn Benton Community Collage in Albany Oregon and Marylhurst University in Portannd, Oregon. I have been a lifelong musician and student of guitars and am a guitar tech.