Acoustic Guitars/1982 Alavarez

Question
Hello,

Curious about my new favorite guitar. Alavarez seems to be a difficult firm to research.

Got this at a yard sale for 200 bucks...Dead guy. Brass oplate on back of headstock sez: 1982 60th Anniversary Model 5036. The things has great sustain, and the bass is deep and clear, mids solid, and treble's sweet as hell....

It's not for sale, but I'm curious as to it's value in todays market.

Thank you!

Lowell

Answer
Hi The Anniversary model was the last year for this model as well and has a solid top, not laminate. The current value of the collectible guitar in excellent condition is in the neighborhood of $600.00 in todays market (1/15). Here is what another expert, D, Hughes, said of the same guitar here at allexperts some time back:

Alvarez Anniversary model 5036 from 1982.  Unlike most Alvarez guitars of the time, yours has a SOLID spruce top.  Here's what was throwing me at first, it is listed as having a Charcoal Black Sunburst finish, and yours just didn't seem to fit.  However, a photo from the catalog shows that it did look like the one you have (not sure where they got the Charcoal Black from!?).  Indian Rosewood back and sides (laminated). Ivoroid bindings on body and Mahogany neck. Chrome tuners 3 per side. Double A logo on headstock.  White bridge pins with black dot inlays. Hope this answers your question. Don'e forget to leave feeback. Cheers, Kevin Dunham

Acoustic Guitars

Kevin Dunham