Acoustic Guitars/Find a Guitar, need help I.D.

QUESTION: I found this old looking guitar in my grandfathers closet. This guitar has no names on it what so ever, but on the inside has a tag that says Model No. G100. I'm not sure what this means or of this guitar has value to it. I would like to know what I should do with this before I regret my decision later down the road. Please respond as soon as you can and thank you for your time. Sincerely Logan H

ANSWER: Send a picture of the full front and the tag. Then we'll see if I can help. Cheers

QUESTION: Here are the pictures sorry about the delay

Hi. I wouldn't worry too much about regretting any decision you may make regarding divesting yourself of this instrument. This Grand Concert style acosuitc guitar is a low end instrument of lower quality laminate construction that was probably made in Japan or Korea in the 1970's. These type of guitars were marketed for students, youth and beginners, usually through mail order catalogs. Typical value is under $100.00 and I am being generous. It is anybody's guess who made it as these floating bridge-tailpiece guitars were made by the hundreds of thousands. Good luck  

Acoustic Guitars

Kevin Dunham

Sigma by Martin guitars, Vintage Asian Import Guitars, acoustic guitars, american guitars, vintage music gear and vinyl record albums

I am a scholar and researcher of vintage Asain Import guitars and my area of expertise is Sigma by Martin fretted instruments imported by C.F. Martin & Co. from 1970-2007. I have been compiling materials and studying Sigma since 2008.

I have my own website,, a blog, Sigma Martin Memo's, I am a consultant on the Vintage Sigma Guitars Facebook page and am an editor of the Sigma Guitars Wikipedia page. I am also writing a book on the sigma line and have just returned from MArtin in NAzareth where I was granted access to and permisiion to reproduce Sigma by MArtin materials by Dick Boak, Archivist at Martin. Martin customer service representatives now refer Sigma by Martin inquiries that they cannot answer to me.

My book propsal is currently under review by Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publshing group and an article I wrote for Vintage Guitar Mazine is under advisement.

Studied at Linn Benton Community Collage in Albany Oregon and Marylhurst University in Portannd, Oregon. I have been a lifelong musician and student of guitars and am a guitar tech.