Acoustic Guitars/value

I have a 69 or 70 Guild acoustic guitar.   model #  G 37 bl    mint condition/original case(handle replaced)   Bought in 1989 at guitar expo in St louis Mo.

Hi. If it is in mint condtion I wouldn't be surprised to see a $1000.00 price tag on a late 60's early 70's Guild G-37 acoustic guitar with a OHC in excellent condition in a retail shop provided it IS in mint condtion-meaning that it has absolutely no scratches, nicks, scrapes, tarnish or any evidence of play wear or handling of any sort--virtually all original showroom new quality-not that I doubt you. I would reccomend that you check with the Vintage Guitar Magazines Blue Book of Acoustic Guitar Values and bone up on how to grade an acoustic guitar. Good luck. Kevin Dunham

Acoustic Guitars

Kevin Dunham

Sigma by Martin guitars, Vintage Asian Import Guitars, acoustic guitars, american guitars, vintage music gear and vinyl record albums

I am a scholar and researcher of vintage Asain Import guitars and my area of expertise is Sigma by Martin fretted instruments imported by C.F. Martin & Co. from 1970-2007. I have been compiling materials and studying Sigma since 2008.

I have my own website,, a blog, Sigma Martin Memo's, I am a consultant on the Vintage Sigma Guitars Facebook page and am an editor of the Sigma Guitars Wikipedia page. I am also writing a book on the sigma line and have just returned from MArtin in NAzareth where I was granted access to and permisiion to reproduce Sigma by MArtin materials by Dick Boak, Archivist at Martin. Martin customer service representatives now refer Sigma by Martin inquiries that they cannot answer to me.

My book propsal is currently under review by Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publshing group and an article I wrote for Vintage Guitar Mazine is under advisement.

Studied at Linn Benton Community Collage in Albany Oregon and Marylhurst University in Portannd, Oregon. I have been a lifelong musician and student of guitars and am a guitar tech.