Acoustic Guitars/National wooden body resonator

Hi Kevin,first up I'd like to thank you in advance for any help you may give me in identifying this for me. What we have is a wooden body,single cone resonator guitar. The neck is free at the 14th fret and it has the national Trojan transfer on the head is where I'm lost,on the end of the headstock it has "made in USA" and "D312". Under the resonator cone it has"George Reeves Trio 1936" written in either chalk or crayon which lead me to believe it was made in either that year or beforehand but I can not find that serial number anywhere to confirm that. It's in great condition for an instrument of that age(if it is)and an other strange thing about it is the neck shape is more triangular than round. As I said any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Glen. Please send a picture of the full front and back, headstock front and back with a clear view of the mark. The George Reeve Trio was popular pre WWII and there are several references of him, not the group, per se if you just google you will find several adverts mentioning him as an accompianist....get those pics to me and I'll try to help you out the best I can

Acoustic Guitars

Kevin Dunham

Sigma by Martin guitars, Vintage Asian Import Guitars, acoustic guitars, american guitars, vintage music gear and vinyl record albums

I am a scholar and researcher of vintage Asain Import guitars and my area of expertise is Sigma by Martin fretted instruments imported by C.F. Martin & Co. from 1970-2007. I have been compiling materials and studying Sigma since 2008.

I have my own website,, a blog, Sigma Martin Memo's, I am a consultant on the Vintage Sigma Guitars Facebook page and am an editor of the Sigma Guitars Wikipedia page. I am also writing a book on the sigma line and have just returned from MArtin in NAzareth where I was granted access to and permisiion to reproduce Sigma by MArtin materials by Dick Boak, Archivist at Martin. Martin customer service representatives now refer Sigma by Martin inquiries that they cannot answer to me.

My book propsal is currently under review by Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publshing group and an article I wrote for Vintage Guitar Mazine is under advisement.

Studied at Linn Benton Community Collage in Albany Oregon and Marylhurst University in Portannd, Oregon. I have been a lifelong musician and student of guitars and am a guitar tech.