Acoustic Guitars/Mid-Late 80's Sigma Guitar

I bought a solid top Sigma Guitar in the 80's while I was working part time at a music store.  I'm trying to track down some information on it now and I'm finding it odd I can't find a listing of the model number.  it's got the football shaped stamping inside the sound hole with just a "C" stamped where the model number would go.  I can't find a listing for the C-Series anywhere.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Sigma DR 9, 11 & 15
Sigma DR 9, 11 & 15  
Hi Tod. Yeah, I think I can help. Why don't you send me a couplpe of pics, one of the whole front of the guitar and one of the inside where the 'C' is. I suspect it is not a 'C' series at all but a QC stamp from the Import house at Nazareth, PA where these were shiped after being imported from one of a few Pacific Rim coutries. Is the football stamp still there at all and does it say made in Japan or Korea?  Also you can come to our facebook page were I am the co admin and a consultant and we'll fix you up. I am a go-to Sigma by Martin guy Tod, so I am sure we will get you sorted. See attached a few of my Sigma by Martin solid tops. Cheers, Kevin Dunham

Acoustic Guitars

Kevin Dunham

Sigma by Martin guitars, Vintage Asian Import Guitars, acoustic guitars, american guitars, vintage music gear and vinyl record albums

I am a scholar and researcher of vintage Asain Import guitars and my area of expertise is Sigma by Martin fretted instruments imported by C.F. Martin & Co. from 1970-2007. I have been compiling materials and studying Sigma since 2008.

I have my own website,, a blog, Sigma Martin Memo's, I am a consultant on the Vintage Sigma Guitars Facebook page and am an editor of the Sigma Guitars Wikipedia page. I am also writing a book on the sigma line and have just returned from MArtin in NAzareth where I was granted access to and permisiion to reproduce Sigma by MArtin materials by Dick Boak, Archivist at Martin. Martin customer service representatives now refer Sigma by Martin inquiries that they cannot answer to me.

My book propsal is currently under review by Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publshing group and an article I wrote for Vintage Guitar Mazine is under advisement.

Studied at Linn Benton Community Collage in Albany Oregon and Marylhurst University in Portannd, Oregon. I have been a lifelong musician and student of guitars and am a guitar tech.