Acting in Plays, Singing/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Awkward/quirky character songs9/1/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I am currently searching for solo songs sung by awkward or quirky characters in musical. I'm ...
  A: Kenna – Thank you for a fun question. The perfect song is “Frank Mills” from HAIR sung by the ...
The Light in the Piazza?8/25/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I've got an audition for Franca in The Light in the Piazza and I have no idea what would be a good ...
  A: Rhiannon – Thank you for the question. Professional audition notices describe Franca Naccarelli as ...
Jazz Songs for Sopranos8/14/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I am looking for a traditional/jazz song for my audition at my school's fall musical, Anything Goes. ...
  A: Natalie – Thank you for the question. Bonnie Latour in Cole Porter’s ANYTHING GOES is not a ...
Help me identify this note8/1/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I'm trying to identify which note is being sung in the clip below. The sentence is "I'd risk my life ...
  A: Wade – Thank you for the question. The word “life” begins on B4 and slides to A4. In treble clef, ...
Audition Song for Paulette from Legally Blonde7/31/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I'm 18 and auditioning for a community theatre who is putting on Legally Blonde. I'm an alto but I ...
  A: Alise – Thank you for the question. Go prepared to sing “Ireland”. Once you understand how to ...
Ensemble7/28/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: When a theatre audition for the cast has an ensemble as well, what does the ensemble require from ...
  A: Kenneth – Thank you for the question. I appreciate what you’re asking. The very best thing I can ...
my voice range wondering ?7/26/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: because of some techniques in my arts and voice over career , I tried to know my voice range , I ...
  A: AO –– Thank you for the question. I don’t know what vocal exercises you are doing or how you sound ...
Audition Song for Into The Woods7/26/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I have an audition for Into the Woods with a Community Theatre in the near future. I would love the ...
  A: Jayde – Thank you for the question. Sondheim is quite exact in what he wants. The essential ...
Elle, Legally Blonde7/14/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: This year my school will be doing Legally Blonde the musical as our major production and I have my ...
  A: Sophia – Thank you for the question. The original key of “So Much Better” is Gb. The overall range ...
Spelling Bee- Rona audition7/14/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I have an upcoming audition for the 25th annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, and I'm really only ...
  A: Jessica – Thank you for the question. Rona is a complicated part. It’s not that she’s difficult ...
The Wiz Audition7/6/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I am looking to audition for the Wiz at a local community theatre pretty soon. I know you answered a ...
  A: Alyse – Thank you for the question. The roles in “The Wiz” are very well defined. Make sure you ...
whistle register6/30/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: How can I sing in the whistle register? The highest note that I can sing in e6 but I am not able to ...
  A: Greeshma – Thank you for the question. Listen to the first track on this YouTube: ...
Upbeat Song for an Evita Audition5/29/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: In about a week, I will be auditioning for Evita at a local community theatre. I am looking for an ...
  A: Mackenna – Thank you for the question. Unless the audition notice specifically confines you to a ...
9 to 5 audition?5/5/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I'm auditioning for 9 to 5 and really interested in the role of Roz. Really drawing a blank on song ...
  A: Jessica – Thank you for the question. “Heart to Hart” is a tough act to follow. Whoever sings this ...
Auditioning for Edna in Hairspray5/4/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I have an audition for Hairspray coming in about a month and I'm very interested in auditioning for ...
  A: Chad -- Thank you for the question. Consider any of the following: With you on my arm – LA CAGE ...
Audition song for Morticia4/22/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I am having a rough time coming up with something to sing for an Addam's Family audition. I am ...
  A: Kat – Thank you for the question. “Sexy and strong” is in the delivery of the performer. Whatever ...
Need audition songs for general season audition3/29/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: Hey there! I am auditioning for a professional theatre's season near me in a month. I'm a strong ...
  A: Kenna – Thank you for the question. I’m assuming what you mean is that you are a strong ...
whats my voice type.3/23/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I have a problem in identifying my voice. Iam 21 years old guy but i sound like a kid. As a kid i ...
  A: Animesh -- Thank you for the question. I appreciate your descriptions – it’s very helpful. What it ...
Career related queries3/19/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I'm a guitarist cum singer from India. Its been four months that I have started to learn singing ...
  A: Biswadeep – Thank you for the question. There is no simple answer to your question. A career in ...
Passagio of Mezzos2/23/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: My daughter can belt up to a D# 5 . Her rich tones are what I consider in the Alto range. She also ...
  A: Lanie -- Thank you for the question. I understand what you mean by a “serious choral university”. ...
Audition Song -- Ulla/The Producers2/17/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I'm planning to audition for the role of Ulla in a local production of The Producers. I was ...
  A: Jen -- Thank you for the question. The role of “Ulla” in THE PRODUCERS is pretty self evident, ...
Witch AND Baker's Wife audition song2/16/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I'm auditioning for Into the Woods and need 1 song that can fit both the Baker's Wife and the Witch, ...
  A: Lea -- Both roles are for a mezzo. The range of the Baker’s Wife extends from G3 to F5. The range ...
Want to be on Broadway2/12/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I am wondering what the best way is to get ready to be on broadway. I know that it is an EXTREMELY ...
  A: Eugenia -- Thank you for the question. Being able to sustain a career in the performing arts -- ...
Moving Forward as a Disabled Actress1/22/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: Warning: Life history. I've been meaning to write to you for years now. I'm in a bit of a unique ...
  A: Briana – Thank you for contacting me. I very much appreciate your frankness and trust. As a ...
'Into the Woods' Audition song1/9/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I'm Evan. My community theater is having auditions for Into the Woods on Sunday and I am scrambling ...
  A: Evan -- Thank you for the question. Cinderella’s range in Into The Woods extends to High G. ...
25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee Auditions: Olive1/6/2015Sean Martinfield
  Q: I am auditioning to play Olive in Spelling Bee and am trying to find a song that will allow me to ...
  A: Nicole -- Thank you for the question. Olive's range in 25th Annual Spelling Bee extends from B3 to ...
Favorite novel.12/19/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: It is difficult to answer but still do you feel Romeo and Juliet is the best novel by Shakespeare ...
  A: Prashant -- I know Shakespeare's play, "Romeo and Juliet" extremely well. My first exposure to it ...
Vocal range11/2/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: I am having a hard time trying to understand my voice. I've had singing classes for two years now ...
  A: Mafalda -- Thank you for the question. As a professional singer, I appreciate your concerns. But ...
what to sing for Miss Saigon??10/29/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: I have an audition for Kim in Miss Saigon in a few weeks. I'm 22 years old (though I'm very petite ...
  A: Kamiko – Thank you for the question. Listen to the Original London Cast recording with Lea Salonga ...
Vocal range10/21/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: Mr Martinfield I am a musical theatre lover and want to pursue a career in it! I was wondering how ...
  A: Elijah -- Thank you for the question. Just as with some medical issues -- my best advice is for ...
singing type??10/13/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: I have never sang professionally (not even in a play or in a choir) and I have never taking any sort ...
  A: Desirai -- Thank you for the question. I watched Tarja Turunen’s video of “Sleeping Sun”. In this ...
music9/27/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: How can I train myself to sing perfectly, what can I do to sing together with the beats and to ...
  A: Tse -- Thank you for the question. Singing “perfectly” is a life-long effort. Singing on pitch ...
Into the Woods Audition Songs9/5/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: My Spotlights class is doing "Into the Woods" this year and I really want to be the Baker. If not ...
  A: Ethan -- Thank you for the question. Although the note range of the Baker and Jack are similar, ...
College audition song8/28/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: I need an uptempo, modern high belt song to contrast with my ballad soprano piece (Why Was I Born ...
  A: Anna -- Thank you for the question. Consider a cutting of “Daddy’s Girl” from GREY GARDENS by ...
Audition song8/15/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: I am auditioning for Golde in an upcoming production of Fiddler On The Roof and need a good ...
  A: Paige -- Thank you for the question. Golde is a great role. Listen to the Original Cast recording ...
songs for college auditions & state auditions6/22/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: My daughter Emily ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvW68hXuG7I) will be a senior in High School ...
  A: Barbara -- Thank you for the question. The Fantasticks has actually been around for the past 54 ...
Vocal warm ups6/17/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: I'm a tenor from the UK who has sought your advice before and would like your opinion on something ...
  A: Stuart -- Thank you for another question. After you’ve accumulated about ten years worth of being ...
Kiss Me Kate Auditions5/24/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: I am going to a high school level theater camp, where you put on the show in around 2 weeks. Do you ...
  A: Allison -- Thank you for the question. Whenever possible, it’s always a good idea to sing another ...
Vocal range5/18/2014Sean Martinfield
  Q: I'm Kristine. What is my vocal range? my lowest is G3 and my highest is B5. Thank you.
  A: Kristine -- Thank you for the question. Your vocal range is G3 to B5. What you want me to ...
Artist Roles Influencing in Real Life.5/11/2014J. Spyder Isaacson
  Q: Do you feel Artists playing roles as a Hero - (Action,Romantic etc) Villain, Comedian, Character ...
  A: In this question, you have addressed one of the great risks actors can sometimes face - ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Acting in Plays, Singing