Acting in Plays, Singing/rocky horror

QUESTION: ‎Does the musical or play of Rocky horror picture show ever come to Vancouver or Seattle area? Thank you!

ANSWER: If you are asking about a Broadway or touring production, I'm afraid I have bad news.

Since The Rocky Horror Show (the name of the original stage production) has been around so long (around 40 years) and is currently a favorite show to be produced by local community and fringe theatre companies, it is extremely unlikely that it will be produced as a touring production any time soon.

My best suggestion is that you keep your eyes open to see if a local production is being mounted, and go to see that. The only other suggestion I would have is that you buy or rent the filmed version, and enjoy that. (I highly recommend the British edition, as it contains an additional song and a different closing song than the American release.)

-- Spyder

QUESTION: 1. Is the Broadway production on DVD?
2. Does the dvd of the movie have nay special features?
3. What kind of local production would be playing it and where?

1. To my knowledge, the only production ever to be released on DVD was the film. (If memory serves me correctly, the original production played on London's West End but never appeared on Broadway. This is where most of the actors in the film version came from - everyone except Barry Bostwick and Susan Sarandon.)
2. As I'm not an expert on films released on DVD, I'm afraid I can't answer that. However, if you look it up on or some other retailer, I'm sure they would have that information.
3. It could be just about anyone anywhere as there are no restrictions on the rights as far as what kind of theatre company can produce it - it might even be produced by a high school troupe. (The TV series Glee did an episode where they were mounting a production, if that gives you a clue.)

Acting in Plays, Singing

J. Spyder Isaacson

Especially the Seattle theatre scene. Seattle is the number two theatre city of the nation, having more theatres than any other city (including Chicago!) except New York. I know the reputations of most of the local theatres, have worked with quite a number of them, and am currently earning the majority of my livelihood through live theatre. Beyond that, I have been a working professional for the past 10 years (after a long career in an unrelated field), have done just about everything in the field, and have done every possible type of theatre. Currently, I am also pursuing a new (and unexpected!) career as an animated film producer. (PLEASE NOTE that I am NOT an expert in music!) ***DO NOT*** ASK ME QUESTIONS REGARDING AUDITION SONGS OR MONOLOGUES - the answers require way too much information to be passed along by the All Experts system.

I have been an award-winning actor, singer, playwright, director and administrator (on various levels, all categories) for the past 30 years. A large part of my expertise has been with live theatre, although I do have a minor connection to filmed theater. I have done musicals, straight dramas, straight comedies, and experimental theatre.

Theatre Puget Sound Magical Mystery Troupe Centerstage Theatre Conservatory Board of Trustees (former) Express-Theatre Northwest (former) Snoqualmie Falls Forest Theater

Unrelated trade publications

B.A. in Theatre Arts, Gonzaga University M.Ed. in Education and Technology, Western Governor's University (in progress)

Mutiple awards (ask for specifics), Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival Valley Community Players, Best Supporting Actor

C's Animation Studio Productions, LLC