Acting in Plays, Singing/career on entertainment

I have an creative artistic energies like

- voice over
- dance and performing
- acting
- modeling
- singer as choral performing
- creative writing ( screenplays-theater plays - stories)
- story teller
- collage arts design

1-but all that I just have energy-talent-amateur and I haven't any
professional experience or professional work

so how can I write proposal or letter for instance to entertainment or
related company mentioned fields to  access entertainment field as
newbie and catch an opportunity ?????????????

2- my questions is I want to find an international talent or creative
program to express my talent and catch what I'm good at and afford me
an opportunity to use all listed talents above or a competition can
share all what I listed above and win good prizes or large sum of
money or open a new career  opportunity specially on entertainment

please advise
thanks and best regards

Hello --

Thank you for contacting me.

Your question covers a lot of territory.

My expertise on this web site is as a professional vocal coach. I am based in San Francisco and have been working with both professional and non-professional singers and actors for over thirty years. My degree is in Theatre Arts as an Acting Major. During that period and long afterwards, I coached with private instructors and trained as a Classical singer. I sang professionally for twenty years. The first half of my singing career was devoted to Classical repertoire, the second half to standard/popular songs. What I learned along the way is that a career in the Performing Arts -- of any variety -- happens through and starts with a series of opportunities. The vast majority of those preliminary opportunities involve an audition.

My job as a professional singing teacher is to build my clients’ vocal strength and to expand the range of their individual vocal category, i.e., soprano, mezzo-soprano, contralto, tenor, baritone, bass, etc. Then it’s about taking those acquired skills and applying them to repertoire they want or have been assigned to perform or might use for a variety of competitions and auditions -- including vocal contests, academic admissions, choral auditions, theatrical roles, etc.

The vast majority of my clients come to me through recommendation. They heard someone perform who studies with me -- liked what they heard -- and asked for my contact information.

I don't know how old you are, but the best advice I can give you is to earn a degree in the performing arts. Research which schools have the best reputations for music, theatre, and dance. Your job is to become the best and most informed singer, actor, dancer, model you know. A degree in the performing arts does not guarantee a career. But you must be as informed and at least as skilled as everybody else around you. Again, it comes back to the job at hand, the audition that is happening this week or next season -- the one that looks right for you. You must know how to prepare, to practice. My job, as a private coach, is to show you how.

Start with a simple Google search:  Auditions, (name of town), theatre, music, dance.
You may be surprised by what comes up. Maybe you’re qualified for something right now! What do they require for the audition? Do you have to bring a photo? A resumé? Recite a monologue or sing a song?

If you were in the San Francisco Bay Area, you would discover that audition notices are posted all the time. My clients know that I can get their voice into top condition and their material performance-ready.

I wish you all the best.

I am a vocal coach to working singers in the San Francisco Bay Area. You can contact me at: We can do a lesson on Skype.

I cover music and cultural events for: -- -- --

Below are links to my recent articles and interviews:

A Conversation with Mario Frangoulis – International Tenor Debuts in San Francisco, April 4th

JEANETTE MacDONALD and The Great American Songbook, Pt. 1 — Close encounters with “Dinah” and “Some of These Days”

NOIR CITY 12 – ‘It’s A Bitter Little World’ – Talking with Producer Eddie Muller

A Conversation with Maestro James Conlon

Ricardo Bustamante – Profile of A Ballet Master at San Francisco Ballet

In Conversation with Stewart Copeland – Famed Drummer Composes New Soundtrack for ‘Ben-Hur’ (1925)

A Fabulous Debut at Davies Symphony Hall for Natalie Dessay

Save The Castro Wurlitzer! – A Conversation with Organist David Hegarty

A Conversation with Pianist Roman Rabinovich

Program 3 at San Francisco Ballet – Heartaches by the number

A Conversation with Organist Paul Jacobs - This Week at Davies Hall

Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg Introduces ‘Rita’ by Donizetti

GISELLE – Now at San Francisco Ballet through Sunday, February 2nd

Zuill Bailey Triumphs in New Recording of Benjamin Britten’s Cello Symphony and Sonata

Launching the Dicterow-DeMaine-Biegel Piano Trio: Old School Genius in the 21st Century

SY SMITH – Just the Thought of You

Mezzo-Soprano Sasha Cooke: Unmasked at SF Symphony's Masquerade Ball

New on CD: ‘As Long As There Are Songs’, by Stephanie Blythe

A Conversation with Ben Jaffe of Preservation Hall Jazz Band

A Conversation with Lucas Meachem - San Francisco Opera’s Barber of Seville

Best regards,
Sean Martinfield

Acting in Plays, Singing

Sean Martinfield

I am a professional vocal coach in San Francisco. I have published over 3300 responses related to vocal training - particularly as it relates to Musical Theatre, Pop/Standard, and Opera. I have 30 years of experience as a personal trainer to working singers and actors in the San Francisco Bay Area. I sang professionally for 20 years and know what it means to live the life of a musician. I can determine your voice category, i.e., Tenor, Baritone, Bass, Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Alto, Alto Belter, etc., and how to broaden and strengthen your range. Need an audition song for a Broadway Musical? I can assist you with your song selections and help you build an audition portfolio that demonstrates your vocal category and meets the requirements specified in the audition notice. I have created a vocal methodology, "The Belter`s Method". It will enable those in Cabaret and Musical Theatre to practice more efficiently because it focuses on the vocal demands of professional performers and will keep you performance-ready. If what you want is a better voice and more control over your career moves and choices, contact me at: I am also a music and cultural critic for and I interview internationally recognized musicians, singers, dancers, and recording artists -- particularly those who are now appearing or scheduled to perform in San Francisco.

As a vocal coach, I work primarily with singers and actors throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. My students range from absolute beginners to working professionals, from kids to senior citizens. The vast majority of my clients come to me through recommendation. I know how to identify any singer's vocal category, i.e., soprano, tenor, alto, baritone, etc. I know how to muscle-up every singer's vocal range and to expand it beyond conventional definitions. I have developed a vocal methodology for those who want to know how to belt, THE BELTER'S METHOD. There are a number of major components to my work as a vocal coach. The first is to identify the client's vocal category and to strengthen and maximize the vocal range accordingly. Then it's about teaching a reliable vocal workout that will enable the client to gain better control of their musicianship. That includes scale work to expand the vocal range and to improve placement, breath control, and diction. Then we work on material for the audition portfolio, the immediate job or assignment, a recording session, etc. My task to is to better equip singers and actors who are hoping to or relying upon their performance skills and vocal endurance to maintain a career in the Performing Arts. My clients regularly appear in cabarets and musical productions throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Some have worked in New York and gone on National Tours. For more information, Contact me at:

San Francisco State University – BA in Theatre Arts; graduate work in Theatre, Philosophy, and Comparative Reiligion. Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley – Graduate work in Ethics