Acting in Plays, Singing/my voice range wondering ?

hello dear

because of some techniques in my arts and voice over career , I tried to know my voice range , I searched the internet until finding an exercise for vocalize which can assess my voice range , when I did this exercises several time , I found multiple ranges , so I ll give them to you to using your expertise for informing me my voice range

first time = F3-D5
second time = A5-D3
third time = G5-F3

so regarding to this measure what ll be my voice range or voice material type  , also if you want from me to send you any voice demos or singing demos to assess , please give me your email for sending you those demos , noticed that I m not singing opera , please comment and advise

thanks and best regards"

Thank you for the question.

I don’t know what vocal exercises you are doing or how you sound as you are doing them. Generally speaking, the range you describe is typical of a mezzo-soprano or even a contralto of some variety. But making an absolute determination of your true vocal category (or fach) is something that should really happen in person.

My clients know that once we make that determination, then the voice is developed and strengthened accordingly. The vast majority of my clientele are interested in musical theatre, some in the classical repertoire. In these two genres of music it is crucial to be sure of one’s authentic range – because that is how the material is composed. And in these two fields, landing a job – or getting into a music school – requires competition.

My expertise on this web site is not about receiving and analyzing vocal demos.

My very best advice is for you to identify the varieties of music that appeal to you the most. What artists are you listening to? What are they singing? If someone invited you to sing for fifteen minutes at a charity benefit next month, what would you sing?

I wish you the very best.

Sean Martinfield

Acting in Plays, Singing

Sean Martinfield

I am a professional vocal coach in San Francisco. I have published over 3300 responses related to vocal training - particularly as it relates to Musical Theatre, Pop/Standard, and Opera. I have 30 years of experience as a personal trainer to working singers and actors in the San Francisco Bay Area. I sang professionally for 20 years and know what it means to live the life of a musician. I can determine your voice category, i.e., Tenor, Baritone, Bass, Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Alto, Alto Belter, etc., and how to broaden and strengthen your range. Need an audition song for a Broadway Musical? I can assist you with your song selections and help you build an audition portfolio that demonstrates your vocal category and meets the requirements specified in the audition notice. I have created a vocal methodology, "The Belter`s Method". It will enable those in Cabaret and Musical Theatre to practice more efficiently because it focuses on the vocal demands of professional performers and will keep you performance-ready. If what you want is a better voice and more control over your career moves and choices, contact me at: I am also a music and cultural critic for and I interview internationally recognized musicians, singers, dancers, and recording artists -- particularly those who are now appearing or scheduled to perform in San Francisco.

As a vocal coach, I work primarily with singers and actors throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. My students range from absolute beginners to working professionals, from kids to senior citizens. The vast majority of my clients come to me through recommendation. I know how to identify any singer's vocal category, i.e., soprano, tenor, alto, baritone, etc. I know how to muscle-up every singer's vocal range and to expand it beyond conventional definitions. I have developed a vocal methodology for those who want to know how to belt, THE BELTER'S METHOD. There are a number of major components to my work as a vocal coach. The first is to identify the client's vocal category and to strengthen and maximize the vocal range accordingly. Then it's about teaching a reliable vocal workout that will enable the client to gain better control of their musicianship. That includes scale work to expand the vocal range and to improve placement, breath control, and diction. Then we work on material for the audition portfolio, the immediate job or assignment, a recording session, etc. My task to is to better equip singers and actors who are hoping to or relying upon their performance skills and vocal endurance to maintain a career in the Performing Arts. My clients regularly appear in cabarets and musical productions throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Some have worked in New York and gone on National Tours. For more information, Contact me at:

San Francisco State University – BA in Theatre Arts; graduate work in Theatre, Philosophy, and Comparative Reiligion. Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley – Graduate work in Ethics