Action Figures/Star Wars Figures 1975- Oringinal packaging

My step-father has a complete set of 1975 Star Wars figurines in their original packaging. He also believes that the Luke Skywalker figure is the kind that has the retractable light saber. We are looking for an estimated price for the entire collection together.  AND if there is a market for these figures. Also, what would be the best way to go about selling these for a FAIR price.

Hello...thank you for the great question.  My guess is that they are from 1977 as that was the first year of the original 'A New Hope' movie.  If it is an 'early bird' mail in I may have the more rare 'double telescoping' Luke.  If so, and the other 3 figures are bagged as well it does have some value.  If you have more than these greater value as well.  Any pictures?  If not take me some good ones and I would be happy to estimate you a value and make an offer or refer you to someone else for a sale.  Even in this economy the good stuff is still good....and the Kenner era Star Wars stuff is still good!  They have value and I would love to see some

Action Figures

David Michael

I am a graduate and self studied/taught expert in answering specific questions about vintage Star Wars and GI Joe figures, vehicles and misc. collectables. The reference to Star Wars 'vintage', to me, refers to the items which appeared from 1977 to 1985. Notice this also refers to the elusive items which were produced for the two cartoon series productions. 'Vintage' GI Joe items include only the 12 inch / 1:6 height variety produced proir to 1980. In most cases I should be able to identify an item by description. For approximates on value I of course would need some decent photos.

I have been a collector, buyer, seller and general fan, of vintage toys, for the last 30 years. My schooling and self study has included years of research and travel to various events. I have owned/still own numerous examles of many collections for study, research and comparison. I am still an avid trader, buyer and seller of these and several other high quality items.

None related to this area.

None related to this area.

Professional Auctioneer. Certified Personal Property Appraiser. Certified Online/Internet, Charity/Fundraising and Real Estate Auctioneer.

None related to this area.