Action Figures/original or repro weapons

Hi, I have a red light saber for 1977 Darth Vader 3 3/4 inch figure. It has the letters JJ on the saber hilt / handle. Can you tell me if it is original. Thanks!!

Hello...hard to say with no pics but the short answer is that most of the after market or fakes do not have any markings on them.  I am not sure if you are asking about a single or double telescoping model.  Most singles have no marks so I assume a double.  If it is a single with a mark that would tend to be more rare as well.  Best I could do with the info supplied but I think you should be ok.  If you want to be more sure send me some pics and I can take a better look at it.

Action Figures

David Michael

I am a graduate and self studied/taught expert in answering specific questions about vintage Star Wars and GI Joe figures, vehicles and misc. collectables. The reference to Star Wars 'vintage', to me, refers to the items which appeared from 1977 to 1985. Notice this also refers to the elusive items which were produced for the two cartoon series productions. 'Vintage' GI Joe items include only the 12 inch / 1:6 height variety produced proir to 1980. In most cases I should be able to identify an item by description. For approximates on value I of course would need some decent photos.

I have been a collector, buyer, seller and general fan, of vintage toys, for the last 30 years. My schooling and self study has included years of research and travel to various events. I have owned/still own numerous examles of many collections for study, research and comparison. I am still an avid trader, buyer and seller of these and several other high quality items.

None related to this area.

None related to this area.

Professional Auctioneer. Certified Personal Property Appraiser. Certified Online/Internet, Charity/Fundraising and Real Estate Auctioneer.

None related to this area.