Active Server Pages Programming (ASP)/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
pagination in classic asp10/31/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: hey...i dont know how to do pagination in asp...help me out..i have a page having around 1000 rows ...
  A: Here is the code <!--#include file="db.asp"--> <% displayRecs = 50 recRange = 10 MyColNum = 5 ...
export to excel10/20/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: hey i added a export to excel button on my asp page.. even the data is visible on the page..but when ...
  A: Use something like this <%@ Language=VBScript %> <% Option Explicit Response.ContentType = ...
Paging in asp10/19/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: i am new to classic asp, help me out. Suppose i have a asp page which navigates to another asp page ...
  A: You need to use ADO with paging option Here is a sample code which gives you some idea ...
radiobutton query10/13/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: hey please help me out.. how to get a value from radiobutton in asp. suppose we have 2 radio button ...
  A: This is what you need to do <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head> <title>test</title> ...
ASP radio button query10/12/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: hey..see this coding. <form name="frmSearch" method="post" runat="server"> <div name="div1" ...
  A: you can create a hidden variable, on clicking of radio button, create a javascript method on click ...
ASP radio button query10/11/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: suppose we have a list of accounts from which some are expired and some are not expired. and whole ...
  A: I believe you are using classic asp Here is the logic Dim objxml Set objxml = ...
ASP web site9/29/2011Srini Nagarajan
  Q: I'm ramy hakam form Egypt ,I need to make a professional asp wep site in 4 weeks at most I'm ...
  A: Welcome to ASP.NET world. You can download some good books online or goto www.asp.net website for ...
Can't get data from a text box3/29/2010Hari Priya
  Q: Private Sub Texta_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) 'Dim dta1 As Integer 'Dim dta2 As Integer ...
  A: If you type some other character other than, you would have got this error, because dta1 is declared ...
ASP - store a variable value across page loads3/26/2010Hari Priya
  Q: I want to know how can I keep the value of a variable intact across page loads. My page loads itself ...
  A: To retain the value of the year, you have to pass the year value also in your action url. You should ...
ASP3/23/2010Ashley Brazier
  Q: I am setting up the Hit counter in my ASP document and was working when i open the document but the ...
  A: Sorry but I'm not sure what you want to do. Are you trying to count the number of times someone ...
ASP3/14/2010Ashley Brazier
  Q: i m developing a website in asp as my final years project. i want to give facility to upload images ...
  A: If you are using ASP you will need a third party dll to allow you to upload files. If you were using ...
Passing user defined http header variable from jsp to asp2/17/2010Hari Priya
  Q: I m stuck a bit with a strange problem. I am having two application one written in jsp and other ...
  A: I don't have any idea about jsp. But basically, if you want to pass the variable to entirely new ...
How to run the *.ASP File which is stored in WWWRoot folder2/10/2010Hari Priya
  Q: I have installed IIS and PHP5.2 in my PC now i'm unable to run the *.asp file which is stored in the ...
  A: I have installed wamp server in my computer. I don't have any idea of installing it in IIS. But for ...
Running Crystal report in windows 2003 server1/26/2010Hari Priya
  Q: my question is that we have an application in ASP on front end and generate report through Seagate ...
  A: I have not used Seagate Crystal report. I have no idea how it is configured. However, from the error ...
building a constant1/18/2010Ashley Brazier
  Q: I am building a page that takes an input from a form and queries a database from it. For the sake of ...
  A: Can you not try somthing like this, excuse me if this is abit sketchy I don't really use ASP now. ...
Database driven Discussion forum12/11/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: I want to develop a database driven discussion forum (like Yahoo answers). At the moment I have an ...
  A: If you can I would really look to use ASP.NET for your forum. I've now moved in to ASP.NET C#. ...
Displaying records horizontally?11/21/2009Hari Priya
  Q: I am building a cinema booking system in ASP/VbScript with MS Access. I would like to display the ...
  A: I can definitely help you with your cinema booking system. But, you have not given enough ...
ASP and Database11/10/2009Hari Priya
  Q: I am trying to make a database to store information with active server pages and/or html. I'm not ...
  A: Sure, I will assist you. From your question I do not know about your knowledge level about html/asp. ...
Primay key field violation11/9/2009robert mamayev
  Q: I have a doubt. I have designed a front end to enter book details. Back end is SQL server. Here i ...
  A: First of all, if possible, change your design!! Make a new column a primary key and use an ...
download iis10/28/2009Hari Priya
  Q: i couldn't run asp programs in my windows xp prof sp edition, i couldnt find the downloadable iis ...
  A: There is no download available for IIS. IIS comes with your Windows XP CD. If it is not installed ...
Creating Leaflets Online via ASP10/24/2009Hari Priya
  Q: I have been asked to explore the possibility of creating an asp application that will allow users to ...
  A: You can generate PDFs on fly in ASP. But you need the PDF component, without which you cannot ...
PayPal Payment processing? + ASP10/20/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: I wanted to make a simple order processing website with ASP/VBScript with a backend database BUT i ...
  A: Yes its possible. This is the best place to start:- https://developer.paypal.com/ They have all the ...
web counter10/20/2009Hari Priya
  Q: I am about to start creating a web stats on my page using javascript but when i heard that counter ...
  A: First you should create a text file called hit_count.txt with an initial value 0 in it and upload to ...
Data in memory10/15/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: In ASP if you have a grid on a page where the user will be adding data (rows). How can all the rows ...
  A: There is no full proof way of detecting if a user has left the site or closed the browser window. I ...
Visual Web Developer Express Edition10/14/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: Greetings, I have recently downloaded and installed Microsoft Web Developer 2008 Express (along ...
  A: I'm not really an expert in this area but I will try and help. What is the difference between ‘New ...
Data in memory10/13/2009robert mamayev
  A: Richard, the best way is to create an array of hidden variables and store the grid value in them. If ...
Software Developer Portfolio9/30/2009robert mamayev
  Q: I'm a entry level software developer, I have an interview with a company. They told me to bring my ...
  A: Beau, what they mean is to bring with you a complete list of projects you've worked on in the ...
data binding within textbox9/16/2009robert mamayev
  Q: I am designing a Library management System. I want a help from you. If a user id is entered into a ...
  A: For each textbox I would create a hidden input variable with the same index as your textbox. So, ...
Retrieves images from SQL in ASP.NET9/14/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: I have been trying to retrieves images from a SQL SERVER database and show them in a ASP.NET ...
  A: Sorry in the delay in getting back to you, been very busy at work. I came across this problem ...
asp in business9/3/2009robert mamayev
  Q: Do people still use classic ASP to build websites, or everyone moved into .Net realm? Which ...
  A: Yes, classic ASP is as popular as ever. For instance, @ work I keep on using classic ASP to code all ...
ASp/Javascript question9/2/2009robert mamayev
  Q: How do I use array in java script? Do you have an example?
  A: Creating an array is slightly different from creating a normal variable. Because JavaScript has ...
Upload, Edit and Read a Text File using ASP 3.05/8/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: Can you give me a clear example of ASP 3.0 script that allows me to upload a text file to the web ...
  A: First of all you'll need to purchase a component that will allow you to upload files, if you google ...
bypass browser4/16/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: Ashley: I am not sure who to ask, so I thought I might try you. Can you give me an idea of where ...
  A: The only way I can think of doing this is accessing the database directly, this would be the best ...
input validation3/28/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: i m doing my final project in asp i have the following problems 1.if a form need numaric data so ...
  A: Two ways to do this, you can validate the form using Javascript, this is probably the best way. Or ...
Localhost credential error3/18/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: Good day. Im a student who is practicing my degree as a programmer. Now i am trying to make use of ...
  A: Try this, go in to iis and right click on the default website and then click on properties. Click ...
query database3/4/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: I will Get Right to it. I am using classic asp pages to develop my site. I am trying to query the ...
  A: <% Dim Conn Dim SQLTemp Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Conn.connectionstring = ...
Weird ASP/DAtabase Error2/25/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: I have a very strange error that I'm getting. I assume it is from the delete function because all my ...
  A: You say your index are getting screwed up? Are the primary keys? Any chance of sending a sample of ...
Convert string into date...using ASP2/12/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: I am having trouble converting a string in the format of YYYY-MM-DD into MM/DD/YYYY. I tried using ...
  A: Your best bet is to check if its null before trying to display it. Is the error coming up on this ...
VBS onChange Run SQL statment2/6/2009Ashley Brazier
  Q: I am not sure if this can be done but I will ask. I have a List/Menu field "txtMan" that has VB ...
  A: If you were to do this in .NET it wouldn't be a problem as the onChange is an event on a control. ...
apostrophie error7/22/2008Ashley Brazier
  Q: if i input a name say O'neill in the User textbox insert statement produces an error.. Please can ...
  A: replace sSQL = "Insert into Detail values('" & Request("SerialNumber")& "', '" & ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Active Server Pages Programming (ASP)

Srini Nagarajan

Top Expert on this page