Actors` Exchange/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Witch AND Baker's Wife audition song2/16/2015Peter Messaline
  Q: I'm auditioning for Into the Woods and need 1 song that can fit both the Baker's Wife and the Witch, ...
  A: I am not a musical theatre maven, but I'd suggest you look for a song that shows off your singing. ...
career on entertainment4/30/2014Peter Messaline
  Q: I have an creative artistic energies like - voice over - dance and performing - acting - modeling - ...
  A: You don't say where you are living, or your age, so I can only speak in generalities. However, I'm ...
Audition Tapes7/30/2013David Neustein
  Q: Can you explain what an audition tape is and how to make one or have one made? I thank you for your ...
  A: Kenneth, An audition tape is exactly what it sounds like. It is when you cannot be there in person ...
Find an accountant outside TO12/3/2012Peter Messaline
  Q: I'm looking for an accountant in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area. Someone who would understand ...
  A: I quite understand your desire to have an accountant who understands your business, and one who you ...
Remembering Lines11/11/2012David Neustein
  Q: What is a good technique to learn lines in plays or films? I seem to have difficulty learning ...
  A: Kenneth, Go over the lines many many times. Do this alone and with a partner. Learn them in small ...
Film Extra10/22/2012David Neustein
  Q: I have a resume that I currently am using that lists the extra roles that I have had. Is it okay or ...
  A: Kenneth, It is ok the list the extra roles. You may want to list the roles you had lines in before ...
Casting Call Advice10/21/2012David Neustein
  Q: I need some advice regarding a casting call submission I replied to. In my hometown, there will be ...
  A: Kenneth, You can send a note/email with your head shot and resume attached as a follow up. Say ...
Animal audition??9/17/2012David Neustein
  Q: I am soon going to be auditioning for an adaptation of Hercules. The director has informed us that ...
  A: Louis, Since the role is non speaking and all movement, that should be your audition. Show the ...
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers Audition9/7/2012David Neustein
  Q: ! My highschool will soon be holding auditions for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I do not ...
  A: Alison, I think your second sentence says volumes on what you should really do. I am not saying ...
Theatre Help, Pantomime8/21/2012Peter Messaline
  Q: I was wondering if you could please point me in the direction of any information about, or give me ...
  A: On the face of it, you are hoping that someone has five hundred words on commedia del arte, the ...
Where do I start?7/20/2012David Neustein
  Q: I am 20 years old from Tennessee with a passion to sing and act. I have taken acting classes in ...
  A: Michelle, First, if you don't have any yet, you will want to get head shots and create a resume. ...
career in acting !2/16/2012David Neustein
  Q: i am 18..currently in collage (doing diploma in theater arts) in India (wheatish complexion). i am ...
  A: Disha, To answer your questions: 1.The scope is whatever you put into the field of acting. You ...
Training/Education1/31/2012Peter Messaline
  Q: I am 31 years old and have just gotten back into acting after stopping for nearly 10 years because ...
  A: I think that college courses would not be very useful. You have been living in the world and ...
working background11/11/2011David Neustein
  Q: I am a 47 year old Career Firefighter and started acting about three years ago. I have worked ...
  A: Mark, Thank you for the question. I get this one a lot. Why not keep working as an extra, but ...
Audition Help.9/27/2011David Neustein
  Q: I'm going to be auditioning for a role in "The Hobbit" very soon and I'm having a lot of trouble ...
  A: Since the director wants a monologue with lots of movement, levels and voice, why not ask the source ...
High School Audition9/9/2011David Neustein
  Q: I am asking a question concerning my audition. I am 14 and I am a freshman, and this years winter ...
  A: First of all, you should get a copy of the musical. There are several versions out. Try netflix or ...
Child's first audition3/14/2011David Neustein
  Q: My daughter who is 6 has been taking musical theater classes for the last year. She is now getting ...
  A: Christy, As far as a monologue, go with something that is appropriate for a 6 year old. No it does ...
I am confused!2/23/2011Peter Messaline
  Q: Just want to double check a few things: 1. Is acting about the thoughts of the character? Please ...
  A: I shall try to give you the answer you want, rather than dealing with your questions bit by bit. If ...
Auditions help2/17/2011Peter Messaline
  Q: I am auditioning for a British Drama school, and they ask you to prepare a modern British monologue ...
  A: Look at the plays performed by London theatres over ten years ago. Any play you recognise is likely ...
Booking jobs2/6/2011Peter Messaline
  Q: However I have limited access to auditions and want to book more acting jobs including ...
  A: If you are in a professional production now, you already have the best set of resources. Get to ...
my son is 13 and trying to become an actor1/3/2011Peter Messaline
  Q: We have paid for my son to go to acting classes and IPOP in Las Vegas. We live in Sacramento, Ca and ...
  A: First of all, do your due diligence by searching "John Robert Powers" for the experiences people ...
Voice Acting (for Anime)12/2/2010Peter Messaline
  Q: I hear that this is the hardest form of acting, but I want to have this as my career and I am ...
  A: Not necessarily the hardest, but certainly one of the most competitive. I believe that you are ...
Tyler Briggs11/23/2010David Neustein
  Q: Ok, i filled out an application to be an actor on http://talentsubmit.com/ and a man named Tyler ...
  A: Reece, Sounds like he is running a website for casting notices. Not sure why he is asking for your ...
Broadway Revue10/20/2010Peter Messaline
  Q: I've recently moved to a small town in Wyoming where there is little to no culture. A friend and I ...
  A: I'm not a singer (pure idleness on my part) so I think your best bet would be to contact the AFofM, ...
How to talk like Lina Lamont in Singin in the Rain (without spraining your vocal chords)?9/10/2010David Neustein
  Q: I am a mezzosoprano, so I have a naturally low to medium-pitch voice. I auditioned for the role of ...
  A: First, the nasal should come from the nasal cavity, not the throat. Part of it is about focal ...
How to talk like Lina Lamont in Singin in the Rain (without spraining your vocal chords)?9/10/2010Peter Messaline
  A: I think this is the key to what you want: http://tinyurl.com/34sa6rw At all costs take care of ...
acting8/19/2010Peter Messaline
  Q: iam 21 years old and i want to get into acting my long term goal is make it to hollywood. i dont ...
  A: I'm guessing that you are starting community college, and acting is looking better and better. Stand ...
acting7/6/2010Peter Messaline
  Q: I'm 23 years old and I would like to ask if I would still have a chance to start an acting career? I ...
  A: If you are sensible enough to be talking about classes, I think you have every chance of starting as ...
Acting/Modeling6/9/2010Peter Messaline
  Q: I am currently trying to get into the entertainment industry, but I am having trouble getting ...
  A: You are being active and you're pushing ahead, which are very necessary if you want to be an ...
inquiry and request4/27/2010Peter Messaline
  Q: I m asking about if I practice voice acting , is smoking may take affect on this profession ? ...
  A: Certainly smoking does stress the voice, but many opera singers smoke and have no ill effects. Just ...
hello4/27/2010Roland Parliament
  A: The short term effect is that it will lower the pitch of your voice and give it a "sexier" or husky ...
Teen Actress4/10/2010Peter Messaline
  Q: I have a question. How do actors become famous? I'm a teenage girl with an amazing voice and acting ...
  A: You're not going to enjoy this. First off, a bucket of cold water. There. Now I've got your ...
Filing Canadian Taxes for Non-Residents3/1/2010Peter Messaline
  Q: I worked on a commercial which shot in Vancouver and ran nationally in the U.S. I was taxed on the ...
  A: Your Canadian tax will depend on how long you spent in Canada, and how much you made here and in ...
Tyler briggs1/23/2010Peter Messaline
  Q: i got an invitation by tyler briggs to be in so many shows and movies but one thing scares me. im ...
  A: I don't know anything about Tyler Briggs, so I can't badmouth him, for legal reasons. However,if you ...
Ron Messer1/23/2010Roland Parliament
  Q: Roland I am Ron Messer the Millwright that worked in the Nuclear reactors . I attended your Course ...
  A: I remember you and I congratulate you on your success. I'll listen for you when I have a chance to ...
A good V.O Agent or agency1/19/2010Roland Parliament
  Q: I have finally landed the Gig of a lifetime , the PA Announcer for the Toronto Rock of the National ...
  A: If you go to Theatre Books at Bay & Bloor, they have a book on the front counter called "The Agents' ...
acting and how to start?1/4/2010Peter Messaline
  Q: I'm 16 years old and i really like the idea of being an actor, but i don't know how to start. i know ...
  A: Acting is a job, so you have to look at getting the right qualifications, which in most cases in ...
how to get started12/26/2009Peter Messaline
  Q: I'm a highschool student and for as long as i can remember i have always wanted to be an actress. I ...
  A: My sympathies about Indiana and the casting policy! However, there are forty actresses who give ...
i really want an acting career NOW!! Help me please!!111/23/2009Peter Messaline
  Q: okay, my name is ariel and i am sixteen years old. i live in the bahamas but the thing is ...... i ...
  A: First thing is, keep your dreams, hold on to your desire to improve your family's state. Don't let ...
Accent Coaching10/1/2009Roland Parliament
  Q: Thats okay, thank you anyways. Could you tell me though, a list of dos and donts of a good accent ...
  A: Again, sorry that I couldn't help with your last question. This one I think I can handle. First ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5   |  Next       All

Actors` Exchange

Peter Messaline

Top Expert on this page