Actors` Exchange/Find an accountant outside TO

Question
I'm looking for an accountant in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area. Someone who would understand the special circumstances that Artists bring to the table. I've recently moved from Toronto and my family circumstances do not allow for easy travel back to the city. Is there a resource available to locate as good Arts Accountant? Or would you know of someone in the area?
Thank you.

Answer
I quite understand your desire to have an accountant who understands your business, and one who you can talk to without constant translation.
The discussion board <a href=www.canadianactor.com</a> is cheap to join, and offers all sorts of organised information and help from other members.

Here's a local guy who seems intelligent:
CK Accounting & Tax Services
      147 Pine Martin Cr.
      Kitchener, ON
      N2E 3R8
     (519) 743-3516
     ckaccounting.ca
Or you could call any of these arts organisations and ask their help:
ART,ENTERTAINMENT,ACTIVITIES
(from kwyellowpages http://www.relocatecanada.com/kwyellow.html)
Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery: 579-5860
Waterloo Regional Arts Council: 744-4552
Bartlett Violin & Cello Duo: 1-800-593-3362
J.M. Drama: 575-5782
KW Chamber Orchestra: 744-3828
KW Little Theatre: 886-0660
KW Symphony: 745-4711
Stratford Festival: 1-800-567-1600
Theatre on the Edge: 747-5049
The Centre In The Square: 578-5660

After all this, I myself have many years of tax experience with artists of all sorts, visual and performing. I have repeating clients in Vancouver, opera singers flying through from Austerbangdelieben, clowns, stunters, theatre directors, a flame artist and an agent. We manage to keep a relaxed relationship running by email and Express Post, and I manage to ask the questions that often result in an 'ah-hah!' moment, with tax savings. I am currently adding Skype to my services. Contact me at radiodrama.safecopy@lr78.com

Actors` Exchange

Peter Messaline