Acupressure/Feet Lymphedema

Dr. Cross, I have 55 years old mom who have been suffer from lymphedema on her right ankle ever since her youth. The lymphedema keeps growing really slowly from tad bit into 4 cm expansion around only the outer part of the ankle that her tarsal bones are forced to bend inside. The lymphedema starts to grow behind her right knee because I always try manual lypmh fluid draining. I appreciate your help :)

Spleen 3
Spleen 3  

Kidney 6
Kidney 6  
Hello - Many thanks for your question. You didn't say if the lymphedema was caused after an accident (e.g. severe ankle sprain) or it just happened. If it is the latter, it shows that the SPLEEN and KIDNEY meridians need to be worked on (Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with these 2 organs, it is just that their energy is lacking). The 3 best points you can use on your mom are SP 3, KID 6 and CON 6.
SPLEEN 3 (SP 3) is found on the inside of the foot vin the hollow between the big toe and the first metatarsal. KIDNEY 6 (KID 6) is found just underneath the inside ankle bone (medial malleolus) and CON 6 is found 3 finger widths underneath the tummy button (navel). These 3 points need to be stimulated with fairly deep massage for about one minute each 3-4 times a day. After a couple of days, this may mean that she may pass more urine but this is a good thing and her body will be starting the self healing. Let me know if I can be of further help and let me know how it goes.

John R. Cross

Acupressure, reflexology, acupuncture and bodywork questions from practitioners and clients

Physical therapist and acupuncturist for over 30 years. Acupressure workshop provider an lecturer, author of 5 books on the subject.

'Acupressure in the Treatment of Musculo-Skeletal Conditions'; 'Acupressure and Reflextherapy in Medical Conditions'; 'Healing with the Chakra Energy System'; 'Acupuncture and the Chakra Energy System'; 'Reflected Energy Pathways'

Fellow of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy; Doctor of Acupuncture