Acupuncture/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
abnormal uterine bleeding and infertile5/2/2016R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  Q: I am now 37 and From the past 10 years I've been struggling TTC but still fail. I had an abortion ...
  A: I will be able to take a deeper, more thorough look if you fill out an intake. Send me an email to ...
visceral hypersensitivity?1/11/2016Heather Vandeburg L.Ac M.S.O.M. dipl.Ac
  Q: Heather I am male, 56. Good health overall, but somewhat overweight. I have had trouble with ...
  A: It sounds like you have a spleen qi imbalance and possibly food stagnation issues. Acupuncture and ...
I.B.S.1/11/2016Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: Michael I am male, 56. Good health overall, but somewhat overweight. I have had trouble with ...
  A: Aloha, Bud - I applaud your efforts at controlling this difficult condition. Both acupuncture and ...
neck and back11/27/2015Heather Vandeburg L.Ac M.S.O.M. dipl.Ac
  Q: Over the past couple weeks I've had a fair bit of pain in the lower part of the left part of my ...
  A: Yes, it sounds like acupuncture could really help you. It also works better in conjunction with ...
P-6.6/8/2015Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: I have a ReliefBand and the instructions say the point (P-6) for nausea is two-and-a-half finger ...
  A: Mark - Your question is one of accuracy vs precision. In acupuncture, point location is based on ...
mid cycle spotting3/20/2015R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  Q: hope you can help me. I am 39 TTC. It's been 7 months with no luck. I am seeing a TCM acupuncturist ...
  A: Hey Heather, Usually I urge giving the practitioner more time as most people Are impatient and want ...
pituitary micronoma3/14/2015R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  Q: I also have a 4x4mm pituitary micronoma, and would be very interested in contacting the dr. that you ...
  A: Hey Lauren, I didn't have a particular doctor in mind, I think it's best to do your own research on ...
Accupuncture for plantar faciitis?3/11/2015Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: Micheal I have a small heel spur and plantar faciitis. It flares up every few years, usually after ...
  A: Bud- Plantar fasciitis can be extremely frustrating to treat, not to mention the pain involved. I ...
lipoma3/1/2015R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  Q: I have 2 large lipomas (2" x 2"), one on back of right thigh and one on right buttox cheek. I have ...
  A: Hey Cindy, I think every modality has its place. From a TCM perspective, you could tonify the Spleen ...
Wrist tendonitis2/17/2015Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: I've been having mild pain in the wrist when I do pushups for the last month. I suspected ...
  A: Jim - Sounds like you need to give your wrist a rest. There are several possible diagnoses, ...
accupressure vs accupuncture1/17/2015Shaobai Wang
  Q: Does acupuncture have any benefits over accupressure?
  A: Acupressure is using finger, elbow or similar instruments that are applied on acupuncture points to ...
Chronic pain1/3/2015Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: I don't have a clear diagnosis yet. One doctor Sally's I have porphyria. Another says no. Another ...
  A: Sean - Sounds like you have really been "through the wringer" with this pain. Chronic abdominal ...
Stiff Person Syndrome12/15/2014Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: I have a new patient coming in/w SPS later today. Care to share any pearls? I practice Japanese ...
  A: Daria - I have seen a total of two actual SPS cases with several patients who had received that ...
Hand point12/11/2014Heather Vandeburg L.Ac M.S.O.M. dipl.Ac
  Q: Aloha, I have a sore point on the back of my right hand at the top of the thumb joint where it ...
  A: It sounds like you could be describing lu5. You can look it up on google. Maybe it could be the ...
Passing Out during Cupping10/21/2014Shaobai Wang
  Q: Shaobai Wang, There was a 55 year-old male that was getting dry cupping therapy. There were 3 cups ...
  A: Since I did not treat the patient, I don't know why this occurred but there are various factors you ...
safety of medicine in a child10/13/2014Shaobai Wang
  Q: my 5 year old ASD son suffers from chronic nasal congestion and cough. Our doctor who believes in ...
  A: It's difficult for me to answer your question with the following reasons: 1. I don't know the ...
Acupuncture and OCD10/7/2014R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  Q: I live in a foreign country and I would like to seek treatment for my OCD through Acupuncture. How ...
  A: Hey Alvin, OCD would fall under the category of "shan you si" or anxiety and over-thinking. I know ...
Digestive issues7/25/2014Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: Michael I was able to clear up a lot of musculo-skeletal issues with my acupunctureist, but not my ...
  A: What an interesting issue you present. Probably acupuncture is not necessarily the modality that ...
Acupuncture: finding good specialist5/11/2014R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  Q: my son is 25, he has been suffering from severe anxiety, OCD, panic disorder for over 10 years. He ...
  A: Hey Alex, I would look up NCCAOM for listings in your state and then perhaps Check Yelp and look ...
Alcohol5/9/2014R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  Q: Last year I received acupuncture treatments for knee pain. Not only did they resolve the pain, my ...
  A: Hey Bud, There is an ear needle protocol called NADA which is a short 5 needle treatment for each ...
requirements to practice5/7/2014Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: I can't find the requirements to practice AP in Costa Rico. Whom can I contact for more info.. ...
  A: Interesting that you ask this question. Although not on point for the nature of this forum, I did ...
Acupuncture and pregnancy4/17/2014R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  Q: Can acupuncture be used to treat back pain during pregnancy? What other conditions does it treat in ...
  A: Hey Angela, In my practice I usually treat any points in the whole body during the first trimester. ...
Essential tremor3/18/2014Heather Vandeburg L.Ac M.S.O.M. dipl.Ac
  Q: I have tried every drug known to man primadone, etc would acupuncture work as I had tennis elbow and ...
  A: Mike, Well it is very likely that acupuncture will help you especially, if you have had it before ...
Chinese herbs for fatigue3/8/2014Shaobai Wang
  Q: I have been experiencing mental fatigue and brain fog for over 10 years. I have been to ...
  A: Chinese Medicine(CM)including acupuncture treatment bases on the Pattern differentiation. Without ...
Chinese herbs for fatigue and brain fog3/8/2014Heather Vandeburg L.Ac M.S.O.M. dipl.Ac
  A: I am sorry that you have been dealing with this for so long. I am also sorry that you haven't found ...
Chinese herbs for brain fog and fatigue3/8/2014R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  A: Hey Paul, Both of those formulas are to build heart and liver blood. They are for a very specific ...
Post cancer and bone marrow transplant2/14/2014Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: I have had intense chemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant. After the transplant I have had ...
  A: I am so very sorry that this extreme challenge found you. I have had patients who made the journey ...
treating fibroids1/28/2014Shaobai Wang
  Q: I found a list of herbs online that can help cure fibroids. Are there clinical trials for this? ...
  A: In terms of scientific research regarding curing fibroid with Chinese herbs, they are mostly done in ...
seizures11/30/2013R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  Q: my 23 year old daughter has just started having seizures, on the first day she had at least 40 then ...
  A: hello, Interesting that this question came up, I was just speaking to a couple this weekend about a ...
Acup. and Tens unit use11/1/2013Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: I was wondering if I can have an acupuncture treatment during the day, and then use my regular TENS ...
  A: You ask an interesting question; one that patients ask me quite often. There is no conflict with ...
pcos - kidney deficiency10/7/2013R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  Q: Malone, i am a thin cyster and want to treat my condition with TCM. Unfortunately, I'm living in ...
  A: This is a great article on PCOS, ...
acupuncture and arthritis10/2/2013Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: I have no experience with acupuncture. I have arthritis in my knees. Walking, sitting is not a ...
  A: I am so sorry that you are having arthritic pain in your knees. It is so important that we keep ...
burning tears9/24/2013Shaobai Wang
  Q: If my eyes start to tear the tears burn. The tearing can be from emotional responce or sometime in ...
  A: There could be another possibility which is a viral infection since all the other professionals say ...
thumb and wrist arthritis9/8/2013Shaobai Wang
  Q: I have been x-rayed for wrist and thumb arthritis and am 74 years. I work with an acupuncturist for ...
  A: Comment - I appreciate your advise--would like to avoid surgery but how does one know if too much ...
Chinese Herbs8/19/2013Shaobai Wang
  Q: 1. What specific chemicals are put on Chinese herbs? 2. What chemicals should be expected to be ...
  A: 1. If you mean pesticides, manufacturers are not supposed to put any chemicals on the Chinese herbs. ...
Acupunture for chronic arthritus8/6/2013Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: has acupuncture been known successfully help to relieve the pain of chronic arthritus which has ...
  A: John - In the best of circumstances, a compound or "open" fracture is not to be taken lightly. You ...
Shingles8/3/2013Heather Vandeburg L.Ac M.S.O.M. dipl.Ac
  Q: My sister has had shingles for 3 years or more. Treated with Western medicine. With little help. ...
  A: Yes, there are good treatments for shingles and post herpetic neuralgia with Traditional Chinese ...
Shingles8/3/2013R. Scott Malone L.Ac.
  Q: My sister has had shingles for at least 3 years maybe more. Has been treated with Western Medicine, ...
  A: Hey Judy, Acupuncture can give great relief for shingles, Here is a link to Dr. Zi Zai's blog that ...
Feeling great-now what?7/17/2013Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: Michael I am pleased to report that the acupuncture treatments are close to normalising my knees. As ...
  A: Bud - Most excellent! I am happy that your knees are better. Acupuncture can be very helpful as ...
Numbness after laminectomy7/15/2013Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc
  Q: I took a fall Nov2012 and pinched my nerve bundle. Had to have a laminectomy T2,3,4 to relieve ...
  A: Steven - Don't give up hope; you are still close in time to the injury and corrective surgery. ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Acupuncture

Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc

Top Expert on this page