Acupuncture/Exacerbation of symptoms after acupuncture

VIdas wrote at 2013-03-04 13:55:42
MY PARENTS are receiving ACCUPUNCTURE treatment, and both feel pain, especially, my Dad (big pain, increases). The needles get to different places of the body: head, legs, back,.. My dad hardly can walk now. It seems that the doctor is a good specialist . We hope the pain will disappear, but now it increases into a leg from the back especially to dad. Your comments would appreciate. Vidas Lithuania.

Tamsen Staniford, L.Ac.

Please ask me about acupuncture and oriental medicine, nutrition, dietary supplements, and herbs. I am always happy to answer questions about how any of these areas relate to your health and well-being, specific conditions, or simply if you would like some information. I specialize in acupuncture for palliative care, acute injuries, chronic illness, autoimmune disorders, bone health, and western supplements.

I am a licensed acupuncturist in the state of California and hold a Master's degree in Traditional Oriental Medicine. This degree includes training for acupuncture, herbs, nutrition, exercise and bodywork. I have work for a decade in the natural products industry both at the retail and manufacturing levels. I have worked using acupuncture in private clinics, community clinic settings and in inpatient care facilities; including hospice and supportive housing residences. I currently practice in San Francisco in a private clinic, making house calls for home bound patients, and working on grant funded community acupuncture projects.

Master's in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Certified Massage Therapist and Health Educator, Reiki Practitioner.

Everyone from the stressed out worker, to the detoxing substance user, to the dying, to the new mother. Acupuncture can help them all.