Acupuncture/acupuncture and arthritis

Question
I have no experience with acupuncture.  I have arthritis in my knees.  Walking, sitting is not a problem but when I bend over to pick something up or even tie my shoes it hurts.  Cannot take noninflammatory drugs.  Would acupuncture help with something like this?

Answer
Dear Ron -

I am so sorry that you are having arthritic pain in your knees.  It is so important that we keep active and walking for overall health.

The very short answer to your question, "Would acupuncture help with something like this?" is a definite "Yes!."

Acupuncture alone cannot "cure" arthritic joints, but it can help reduce inflammation and pain, thereby allowing your body to do as much healing as possible.

I treat many people - from professional athletes to seniors in their 90s - for knee pain.  Most receive relief from pain and inflammation, although to varying degrees.

My advice would be to give acupuncture a try.  If after three treatments you are not feeling an improvement of some kind, then either acupuncture is not going to work in your condition or the practitioner needs to refocus their therapeutic methods.

I wish you success and freedom from all pain and limitation - - -

Mike Zanoni
Hawaii

Acupuncture

Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc