Acupuncture/Nerve pains

Question
I recently had surgery on my arms to alleviate nerve pains from having to do constant repetitive motions that is the yard cleaning/mowing industry. I get not exactly shooting pains but more like burning pain no matter how I move my arm. I can't sleep with the pain, having to use fairly heavy doses of medication for sleep and even then it is difficult. I am trying to get into finish the surgery as in reopen up the arm then having the nerve reattached, something the doctor told me he needed to do.
He tells me there should be no pain, but I still get it, so I am wondering if something was jarred or cut or even if I am getting fibromyalgia. And what to do about the pains. I'm not sure I trust the doctor to open up the nerve and reattach it. What if it hurts even more? Plus being out for six months, that is truly terrible for those that have to you know actually work hard for what little money we can make.

Answer
Dear Maria -

Your situation sounds like one where being able to predict the future would be nice; unfortunately, we often cannot be certain how things will turn out.  I wish that I could give you a straight answer that would take away your fear of pain or further disability.

You don't ask a specific question, but I suspect you want to know if acupuncture would be of assistance.  In your situation I don't know.  In general, acupuncture can often be useful in repetitive injury, particularly involving the shoulder or wrist.

I wish for you the very best outcome in this situation.  I understand the fear and fatigue that comes with long-term pain.  If you have a more specific question that I might answer, don't hesitate to ask.

Malama pono - - -

Mike Zanoni
Hawaii

Acupuncture

Michael M. Zanoni, MS, LAc