Hi Heather
Accuouncture has worked well for hubby's back pain, and knee pain, and has diminished hisdesire for alcohol-a side effect of his recent treatment for knee pain.
Drinking less will help him lose weight, but can accupuncture stimulate his metabolism? I am witness to the fact he is a light and healthy eater, and he works out four times a week-but the scale wont budge. His doctor says his thyroid checks out OK-he really does have a slow metabolism, or possibly the 'thrifty gene'.
Thanks for your thoughts!

Hi Sue,
Yes, diminished desire for alcohol can be a side effect of acupuncture.  Acupuncture is used to help people stop drinking,smoking and drugs.  Acupuncture can ramp up the metabolic system.  There are safe herbal things to try that can also help.  I like Reishi mushroom, (ganoderma).  I sell a tea and coffee (Organo-gold) that has Reishi in it and have had good success with helping people metabolize better.  I also like mung beans.  Make them into a soup they help detox the body and loose weight.  Eating small meals more often will increase metabolism.  There are theories that you have to eat more to get your system working better.  But the more has to be green leafy veggies.  I hope this helps.  

Warm Regards,
Heather Vandeburg Lac MSOM dipLAc

Heather Vandeburg L.Ac M.S.O.M. dipl.Ac

I can answer any questions about Acupuncture, Chinese Herbals, Tuina (Chinese massage, Cupping, and Gua Sha. I can answer questions about Qi, Meridians, and Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory. I can answer how these different modalities can benefit different conditions.

I have a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practice in DeKalb IL. I have been practicing TCM since 2002. I have given many lectures and classes on the subject of Chinese Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture, Women’s Health, Nutrition and Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation. This Includes speaking at an International Conference for the United Leukodystrophy Foundation.

For Women Today, ILAAOM publications, State of Dentistry,

Master degree in Oriental Medicine, Bachelor degree in Nutrition, Bachelor degree in Biological Sciences. I am lisensed and board certified in Acupuncture. I did an advanced internship at Guang Zhou University in Guang Zhou China.

I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Midwest College of Oriental Medicine