Acupuncture/safety of medicine in a child

Question
Hi, my 5 year old ASD son suffers from chronic nasal congestion and cough. Our doctor who believes in Chinese medicine philosophy states there is a strong connection between these symptoms and his liver. My son has been prescribed some supplements along with a medicine for liver called as GB-40 Yuan Source-2 capsules twice a day. I am hesitant to give this to my 5 year old son.  Please let me know about the safety of this medicine in a child.  Thanks.

Answer
Hi Jane,

It's difficult for me to answer your question with the following reasons:

1. I don't know the components of the GB-40.
2. I don't know your boys situation.

It will be a good idea for you to go to a good Chinese Herbalist for further diagnosis and treatment.

Dr. Wang

Acupuncture

Shaobai Wang