Acupuncture/mid cycle spotting

Hello there, hope you can help me. I am 39 TTC. It's been 7 months with no luck. I am seeing  a TCM acupuncturist who has me on a patent formula called fertile fields. I am struggling with mid cycle spotting that is brownish and mixed in with CM. This has been going on for 6 months. I take the herbs all month long. I feel like by now the herbs should have taken affect...are the causing the mid cycle spotting? I did not have this issue prior to starting taking TCM herbs. This is cycle day 16 and typically the brown spotting comes snd goes up until my period around day 27-28. Any advice would be helpful.

Hey Heather,
Usually I urge giving the practitioner more time as most people
Are impatient and want results in a single session, but in your case
I think 6 months with no positive change and even a possible increase
In imbalance is far too long. This is what your formula is designed
To treat:Nourishes Blood, Strengthens the Kidneys, Warms the Uterus, Invigorates the Blood, Stops Bleeding, Clears Heat, Calms the Fetus

In my opinion, if you had,kidney yang and blood deficiency
With possible liver qi stagnation, you would have noticed a positive change in 2 weeks on the outside. It is possible that the diagnosis is off and so you are taking the wrong medicine, or the patent medicine
Is not specific enough. If you like, you can shoot me an email at and request a free intake.
I'll give you my diagnosis and explain it to you.

The herbs clearly aren't helping, let's find out why.

R Scott Malone LAc  

R. Scott Malone L.Ac.

I can answer questions on Acupuncture and Chinese medicine. I specialize in women's issues, mental-emotional issues and headache.

I have been in practice for 10 years.

I am certified and state liscensed.

Graduated from the T'ai Institute of Oriental Medicine with certificates in acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine.