Acupuncture/visceral hypersensitivity?

I am male, 56. Good health overall, but somewhat overweight. I have had trouble with digestion since childhood. A normal portion meal bloats me up and makes me tired. This has gotten worse over the years. I believe it is call irritable bowel syndrome or visceral hypersensitivity.
I have found avoiding red meat, fatty foods, and alcohol reduces the symptoms, and taking digestive enzymes and fennel helps too, but it is still there. For example, for supper tonight I had a skinless chicken breast and some rice, but I still need to lie down after.
I have had good success with accupuncture for musculo-skeletal issues. Will it help with this?

Hi Bud, It sounds like you have a spleen qi imbalance and possibly food stagnation issues. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal formulas should really be able to help you. You are naturally avoiding foods that add to spleen dampness and imbalance so that is really good. There are formula made just for your problem. You should find soneone with a masters degree in Oriental Medicine that is a practicing herbalist. They should be able to help you. Warm regards,

Heather Vandeburg LAc MSOM diplAc

Heather Vandeburg L.Ac M.S.O.M. dipl.Ac

I can answer any questions about Acupuncture, Chinese Herbals, Tuina (Chinese massage, Cupping, and Gua Sha. I can answer questions about Qi, Meridians, and Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory. I can answer how these different modalities can benefit different conditions.

I have a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practice in DeKalb IL. I have been practicing TCM since 2002. I have given many lectures and classes on the subject of Chinese Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture, Women’s Health, Nutrition and Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation. This Includes speaking at an International Conference for the United Leukodystrophy Foundation.

For Women Today, ILAAOM publications, State of Dentistry,

Master degree in Oriental Medicine, Bachelor degree in Nutrition, Bachelor degree in Biological Sciences. I am lisensed and board certified in Acupuncture. I did an advanced internship at Guang Zhou University in Guang Zhou China.

I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Midwest College of Oriental Medicine