Acura Repair/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
O2 Sensor on 2001 Acura TL4/14/2008Daniel
  Q: How much labour is involved in replacing the O2 Senosr?
  A: The O2 sensor is easy to replace, it is located under the car on the exhaust on the catalytic ...
Brake lamp on 93 Acura Legend 4dr4/13/2008Daniel
  Q: The brake lamp light is on so how would I change the bulb on the brake lamp, it's the lamp above the ...
  A: I am assuming that your talking about the Spoiler brake light, if so the way you change the bulbs is ...
how to change side view mirros on a 93 integra4/10/2008Daniel
  Q: as the subject says, i want to know how to change the side view mirrors on a 1993 acura integra. my ...
  A: Taking apart the mirror is not too difficult, from the inside of the door remove the plastic panel ...
2002 rsx...4/6/2008Daniel
  Q: jus bought one used rsx and when i added 5w 30 oil cuz it never had much when i was practicing ...
  A: When you were adding oil to the car did you do a complete oil change or did you just add oil to the ...
1993 acura integra gs4/6/2008Daniel
  Q: i have a 93 acura integra and i have been having this power steering noise ever since i bought this ...
  A: If you changed the power steering pump and your still hearing a noise when turning the wheel it may ...
Intermittent Overheating4/3/2008Daniel
  Q: My son's '91 Legend will run fine for a while, then the temperature climbs fairly rapidly and most ...
  A: This issue could be due to a bad temperature sensor, do you feel a change in the car's performance ...
speedometer malfunctioning4/1/2008Daniel
  Q: I have an accura legend, manufacture date 2/94, my speedometer bounces and sometimes drops to (0) ...
  A: This is a tough question as it could be a few things, the first thing I would try doing is measuring ...
cooling fan6/10/2007Daniel
  Q: I have a 1990 acura integra. Its been such a great car and still is. Lately the cooling fan will ...
  A: If I were you I would connect a multi meter to the fan connector and check the voltage, see if it ...
engine lose power6/5/2007Daniel
  Q: hey how you doing i have a little problem my car use to have a cool air intake and i drove in to a ...
  A: Your engine is flooded and may need to be rebuild. change your spark plugs, your oil, and get your ...
Removing driver-side front axel6/4/2007Daniel
  Q: 1996 Acura 3.2TL I am trying to get to the starter motor, and it seems that I have to remove the ...
  A: You have to remove the tire then the hub nut or Axle Nut, that's tough because it requires about ...
re: changing HID headlight in 2000 3.2TL6/4/2007Daniel
  Q: I need to change a headlight on my 2000 3.2 TL. The manual says have it done by a factory trained ...
  A: Think of it like an old style TV with a capacitor even if you try to turn on the TV the power will ...
Acura RSX headlamp6/3/2007Daniel
  Q: I recenetly replaced my headlamps, ( with the help of a mechanic). They are really in a tight spot ...
  A: Make sure you don't touch the bulb when changing the bulb as the bulb will burn out much sooner. ...
Compressor in 91 Acura5/30/2007James Adams
  Q: I am looking to purchase a used 91 Acura with low mileage. The owners say that the A/C is not ...
  A: No complications. Replace the dryer and orifice tube (if equipped) also. Usually you will be charged ...
Knocking Noise when key in5/28/2007Daniel
  Q: I have recently noticed a knocking noise when I turn my key to the "ON" position. It sounds like ...
  A: You might want to remove the cover over the steering column and check around for any loose pieces. I ...
Left brake light5/25/2007Daniel
  Q: I have a 2002 acura el.The left brake light does not work.The bulb and the fuse are ok.Also the ...
  A: Try using a multi meter and connect it to the bulb socket, try it out on a working socket just to ...
Integra Brakes5/25/2007Daniel
  Q: I was wondering how i could tell if i need new front Calipers. Is there anything i could look for or ...
  A: Do you mean brake pads or Calipers? Usually you will never have to change your calipers they out ...
Misdiagnosis.5/25/2007James Adams
  Q: Firstly, I wish to commend you for your volunteer work on this site. It is much appreciated. My ...
  A: The first question is for an attorney. The second question : You can ask the mechanic if it doesnt ...
Acura 3.2TL - 20035/25/2007Daniel
  Q: I notice an oil leak between the transmission and the engine block where they bolt the transmission ...
  A: I don't know how I can help you? The Tranny's Acura uses are usually dry case meaning that there is ...
Alarm5/23/2007Daniel
  Q: Well i have a 2002 rsx premium stock with a factory alarm. My alarm suddenly stop working for the ...
  A: It is probably the sensor on the driver side door. When you unlock the door it thinks it's locked ...
Master cylinder5/22/2007James Adams
  Q: I am replacing my '93 Integra's master cylinder without ABS. I am told I must "bench bleed" the ...
  A: Easy answer: They sell brake bleed kits at the automotive parts store. Place the new master cylinder ...
power windows5/21/2007James Adams
  Q: windows in my '94 Pontiac formula work slowly and spirattically. When they are not working a noise ...
  A: The clicking sound is a relay for the window. You wont need to mess with this. Take the panel off ...
acura integra5/16/2007James Adams
  Q: I have an acura integra we just replaced the stock engine with another stock engine and drove it ...
  A: CHeck the thermostat to make sure it is opening. It should have a bleeder valve around the ...
2002 HONDA ACURA RSX5/16/2007Daniel
  Q: HOW DO YOU REPLACE A HEADLIGHT BULB? THANKS
  A: behind the lights you will find a cable that connects to your bulbs. disconnect that cable fist, ...
Anti theft problem??5/13/2007Daniel
  Q: 1996 acura. The remote will start the car, however, when I put it in II on ignition, as soon as I ...
  A: What kind of Anti theft system do you have. It does sound like it has something to do with your anti ...
'91 integra not starting5/13/2007Daniel
  Q: i have a '91 integra LS and while i was driving one day it just cut off on me. it sounded like ...
  A: There are a few possibilities here, either your valve is hitting your cylinder or your crank bearing ...
Fuse keeps popping5/11/2007Daniel
  Q: I have 90 civic Si. I was installing a new positive cable and when i was tightening the starter bolt ...
  A: If you install a new cluster it's really easy. There a few screws under the dash pull those off then ...
Brake Lights5/10/2007Daniel
  Q: ok, a rusted off piece of the underside of my car fell off earlier on the highway and was dragging, ...
  A: The fuse for the brake lights are located under the dash it is a 15A fuse and if you look at it in ...
My RSX Cd Player is Jammed5/9/2007Daniel
  Q: I have an RSX type S, i have the 6 cd changer or player, i don't know what they call it. but anyway, ...
  A: You could try using Electrical Contact Cleaner, it leaves no residue and removes oils and other ...
Vapor Lock code appearing5/9/2007Daniel
  Q: I have a 1999 Acura TL with the 3.2 engine. The check engine light came on, so checking the code I ...
  A: "Vapor lock is a problem that mostly affects gasoline-fueled internal combustion engines. It occurs ...
ABS LIGHT5/7/2007Daniel
  Q: MY ABS LIGHT IS ON. I JUST GOT ALL MY BRAKES DONE AND IT STILL COMES ON. WHY IS THE LIGHT STILL ON ...
  A: It could be that when whoever did your brakes what they did is that they compressed the caliper ...
auto gear shift and dash lights5/7/2007Daniel
  Q: I may be crazy but I swear the P, N, R, D4..etc on my 94 automatic acura's gear shift used to light ...
  A: Yes they are supposed to light up, it is very possible that either the fuse may be blown or the ...
Acura Tsx 20045/6/2007Daniel
  Q: My son put a penny in my cd player and it will no longer play CDs is there any way that I can fix ...
  A: If there is a penny in your cd player I am very surprised that it is working at all. You have 2 ...
ABS lights and Clicking noise in engine on RSX 20035/2/2007Daniel
  Q: I was wondering if you could help me out with 2 problems i'm having, please. I have a Acura RSX 2003 ...
  A: For your gas, what octane is Silver gas? It is recommended to use 91 octane. If it's knocking it ...
96 acura 3.2TL5/2/2007Daniel
  Q: My little brother was caught by a heavy rain storm, he ended up getting water in threw his air ...
  A: The engine is flooded and to fix this issue you would need to rebuild the motor. Your probably using ...
window tinting5/1/2007Daniel
  Q: i know you do acura repair but i have a 89 honda civic and i want to tint the back side windows and ...
  A: When you tint you don't take your windows off. Place the film on the outside of the car first the ...
cracking noise - spun bearing?4/30/2007Daniel
  Q: I just bought an 1991 integra with a cracking noise. I replace the clutch which was needed, and I ...
  A: I don't think it's your Crank bearing as the bearing spins at the same Rotation Per Minute (RPM) at ...
'92 Acura Integra4/26/2007Daniel
  Q: Hey there, i have a 1992 Acura Integra with approx 245000 Km on it. Last week we had a major spring ...
  A: It's an electrical problem in the car, there is a wire either exposed or loose and it is shorting ...
2001 Acura CL-S Coolant Loss/Overheating4/24/2007Daniel
  Q: I've been having a severe coolant loss from both the radiator and its reserve tank on a 2001 acura ...
  A: It looks like you covered all the bases. If your coolant is fine but your engine is overheating it ...
1997 Acura Integra Oil Leak4/24/2007Daniel
  Q: I have a '97 Acura Integra that started to leak oil after having an oil change. I took it to local ...
  A: What type of oil did the mechanic use? Most times if the oil starts to leak right after an oil ...
wiring4/22/2007John in Houston
  Q: my instrument light, tail light, and license light fuse keeps blowing as soon as i put it in im ...
  A: not too difficult but will take some patience. you will basically have to go buy a box of fuses, ...

Page:    1  |  2   |  Next       All

Acura Repair