Addiction to Alcohol/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Worried about a friends drinking and how to cope1/7/2017Clyde
  Q: I have a friend who is either a binge drinker or an alcoholic. She is in the same group of friends ...
  A: Julie, Thank you for your questions. They are good ones when facing the alcoholic tendencies of ...
Should I be worried about my boyfriend's drinking?12/11/2016Druideck
  Q: Please could you tell me if it sounds like my boyfriend has a problem with alcohol? The situation ...
  A: I understand your concern with your boyfriends drinking habits. Many people start out drinking ...
How to quit?7/1/2016Druideck
  Q: I'm at the same time ashamed and willing to ask for your advice. I'm 35 years old, and I started ...
  A: Good day Ella, Often we do things to comfort ourselves and these things such as smoking or alcohol ...
Less desire?3/27/2016Druideck
  Q: Druideck You probably dont get many questions like this, but in the last year or so my desire for ...
  A: There is some relationship between your excessive use of alcohol and your mental, emotional, and ...
denial, OCD, etc2/27/2016Druideck
  Q: What a fascinating name! Gaelic? Anyway... I have a friend who is an alcoholic (and knows it) who ...
  A: I understand your desire to help this guy but also be careful as you can burn yourself out by ...
supplements1/7/2016Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: Dr Plesman. you recommend Anti-stress B complex, including ( B6 B3 B12). Do I have to purchase these ...
  A: You can buy themmˆncombinbtion. I suggest you discuss this with the health food store. Jurriaan ...
Ascites/ sodium?12/23/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: Happy to report my struggle to maintain my sobriety is getting easier. I have a few AA friends I can ...
  A: Your questions are hard to answer, because a diet of alcohol, chippies and salt is hardly a healthy ...
cbt or psychotherapy or psichiatry?11/19/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: a relative of mine who is 20 years old says she has a numb mind for example she is not happy nor ...
  A: I thought I had answered this question before. As a nutritional psychotherapist, I am trying the ...
Depression?10/6/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I think I am slowly winning my battle with alcohol. I am able to stay sober for weeks at a time, ...
  A: I don’t know how much you know about the nutritional treatment of alcoholism. Thus I cannot say how ...
Living with an alcoholic9/23/2015Clyde
  Q: My husband is a recovering alcoholic (1 year, five months) and has done well attending recovery ...
  A: Patti, Thank you for your questions and some explanation of your relationship situation. The ...
non-ethyl alcohols and drunkenness8/9/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: Plesman, Can benzyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, cetaryl alcohol, or glycerol cause drunkenness ...
  A: This is somewhat outside my field of expertise. None of these is used for consumption as far as I ...
My husband is a hard core pot user/drinker7/5/2015Druideck
  Q: I have been married to a wonderful man for 19 years. He comes from a family of alcoholics/drug users ...
  A: You are really being pulled apart in two ways I can see. Part of you likes some of the relationship ...
Am I6/19/2015Charlie Haviland
  Q: Drinking makes my life stressful I am concerned I may be an alcoholic. I am obsessed with getting ...
  A: "Is it possible that I'm an alcoholic even though I'm having this experience with the one or two ...
Is this possible6/19/2015Dave K
  Q: I am concerned I may be an alcoholic. I am obsessed with getting drunk. I love it. Once I get tipsy ...
  A: My Name is Dave and Im an alcoholic. Only you can determine yourself to be alcoholic. An alcoholic ...
Lowered tolerance after weeks of sobriety?6/15/2015Dave K
  Q: its me bud again. After being sober for over a month, and feeling pretty self righteous, not to ...
  A: I think the question that you might want to ask your self is why you drank a whole bottle of ...
liver regenerating?6/12/2015Charlie Haviland
  Q: Charlie In your experiance talking to recoverd alcoholics that have noticed improved health, have ...
  A: Congratulations on your sobriety! It is among the biggest joys in my life these days to witness ...
fatty liver6/8/2015Druideck
  Q: its greatly appreciated. I have been drinking on and off for 20+ years, I am female and reach 57 ...
  A: I do agree that often people including those in the medical field can be less than sympathetic when ...
fatty liver6/8/2015Clyde
  Q: Clyde, Thank you for taking the time to listen, its greatly appreciated. I have been drinking on and ...
  A: Holi, Thank you for your message and questions. The explanation was helpful to know somewhat ...
pancreas6/5/2015Druideck
  Q: Druideck I recently joined AA. One decision to finally QUIT for good was my digestion. I was finding ...
  A: I have definitely seen much damage to various parts of the body done from excessive abuse of ...
alcohol and dietary fat3/11/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: Jurriaan Kind of an offbeat question , but I am hopefull you have the qualifications to answer it! I ...
  A: The main reason why alcoholics might gain weight is because alcoholism is strongly related to ...
a question about studying1/30/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I have a question about studying psychology. I realise this may not be your expertise but I ...
  A: This is not an easy question to answer, because I myself went through the same process. I have a ...
family meetings with alcoholic1/29/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: What is the name of a family or friends meeting, with an alcoholic to try to get him/her to stop ...
  A: I do not understand your question. But if you want to have a family gathering for the purpose of ...
Baby On The Way And An Alcoholic MIL1/27/2015Clyde
  Q: My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years. I am 6 months pregnant with a son who will ...
  A: Sorry I am late in this reply. What I have picked up on is your boyfriends issue with telling you ...
Baby On The Way - Alcoholic MIL1/27/2015Joseph Lee O.
  A: Tanya, and I hope this might help a bit. You have written: >> After she threatened me (and I’m ...
health benefits 91/15/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I have many family members who drink alcohol because they claim experts say it has healthful ...
  A: Complete balderdash. Alcohol may be harmless in small quantities, but can be harmful when one ...
Alcohol free 'healing crisis'?1/3/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I quit drinking cold turkey mid November. Have never gone a week without being intoxicated in years. ...
  A: I must congratulate you for withdrawing cold turkey. That is quite an achievement. I have never ...
Sober 'Flu'?1/3/2015Druideck
  A: I would suggest you get checked out asap by a doctor. Alcohol can damage body organs but each person ...
Alcoholic Mother and Baby on the Way11/24/2014Druideck
  Q: My boyfriend and I have been together for over 2 years. I am 15 weeks pregnant with what will be a ...
  A: I can understand your concern with a new baby on the way. The nature of alcoholism and other ...
Crying11/18/2014Dave K
  Q: I have been sober for seven months.I am 37 years old and I attend 3-4 meetings a week. why am I so ...
  A: My name is Dave and Im an alcoholic. The meetings will not likely help the crying or other drama in ...
Candida?11/9/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: My husband is 55. Concerned with his belly size, he has really cut down on the booze, and is ...
  A: Obesity may be due to an underlying illness called Hypoglycemia ...
My Grandfather Is an out of control alcoholic.8/16/2014Charlie Haviland
  Q: My grandfather is almost 65 years old and he's been drinking for as long as I can remember. He has ...
  A: I'm sorry for your difficulties and pain. There are fewer things more stubborn than an old alcoholic ...
Drinking dreams7/29/2014Todd
  Q: ..I'm a recently sober (90 days) female alcoholic. I have had long bouts of sobriety (as long as ...
  A: My sense is that using dreams alone are simply an indicator that you're having using dreams. I'm ...
how do I get him to see his problem7/26/2014Peter L.
  Q: I'm really scared for my ex partner who also happens to be my best friend. About 2.5yrs ago he lost ...
  A: Lauren, I apologize for my slow response to your question. Sorry to hear about this difficult ...
beer7/22/2014Clyde
  Q: Im 42 and otherwise healthy. I have always enjoyed drinking beer and wine but typically only drank a ...
  A: Sosua, Thank you for your questions and for the brief explanation of your drinking habits. ...
Article about recovery process7/6/2014Clyde
  Q: I'm a recovering addict with 5 years clean and sober. I'm going to college and working on my Masters ...
  A: Barbra, Thank you for your questions and yes, I do have a suggestion for your work. When I found ...
please help6/8/2014Clyde
  Q: I am writing to you again because I really don't know what to do. Its been getting harder and harder ...
  A: Lizzie, Thank your for your follow-up and added information about the situation. The short ...
Light beer6/1/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I am attempting to cut way back on my alcohol consumption, which was not a dependency but was ...
  A: Having problems within alcohol is always a sign that you may be hypoglycaemic ...
Light beer6/1/2014Peter L.
  Q: Peter I am attempting to cut way back on my alcohol consumption, which was not a dependency but was ...
  A: Well, the less alcohol you consume the better. Even a few beers is not a great thing for the body. ...
son alcoholic,5/31/2014Erin Madigan Stathis, LMHC, NCC
  Q: my 38 year old son was on methadone program and drinks heavy been this way for a long time years now ...
  A: The only question I see here is "why do i allow him do this to me" so this is what I will try to ...
is there a problem?5/14/2014Erin Madigan Stathis, LMHC, NCC
  Q: i apologize if this question is too long or else wasting your time. i am 21 year old male, i liked ...
  A: If you are looking for a formal diagnosis about your alcohol use, there really is no way for me to ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Addiction to Alcohol

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

Top Expert on this page