Addiction to Alcohol/my sister

Grlost wrote at 2015-07-18 03:15:51
It sounds like your sister has avoidant personality disorder. People with avoidant personality disorder are fearful of interacting with people they don't know. They are anxious and stressed all the time. Because of the depression and anxiety, they often self medicate with alcohol. If this is the case, your sister has a life time of problems that she has no control over. She will need your family's understanding that she can't help the way she is plus a ton of therapy.

Addiction to Alcohol

Jan Edward Williams

all questions related to drug or alcohol addiction, except those requiring the expertise of a physician or those relating to mental health problems apart from addiction. See my web site:

I have been working as a licensed addictions counselor for 29 years and am in recovery myself for 31 years

Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors Maryland Maryland Addictions Professional Certification Board

MS Counseling Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Maryland