Addiction to Alcohol/computer

Is there any help left? My husband have the addiction for alcohol and smoking. He drinks 3-4 beer and 750ml Rum a/day. He is diabetic. Has the lungdeasese and liverdeasese. One speciallist told us 2 years ago. That his liver is dying. But we still dont know how far it is. The always lot us in the limb. And he has a Pace-maker since 2 1/2 years.

Dear Roswhitha

The only way, I know, for overcoming addiction to alcohol and or other addictive substances is by way of a change in one's diet.

Most people with an addiction problems are found to be hypoglycemic (,) which causes the over-production of stress hormones. These form the symptoms of mood disorders over which you would not have conscious control.
This can be treated by going on a Hypoglycemic Diet (

Please also read:

Why Alcoholics Drink
Alcoholism is a Treatable Disease

I suggest that he adopt the hypoglycemic diet and if things don't improve he see a nutritional doctor or counselor to discuss these articles.

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

Addiction to Alcohol

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapy and psychotherapy

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

Book: "Getting Off the Hook"freely available on the internet at Google Book Search.
Editor: Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych), Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)