Addiction to Alcohol/Crying

I have been sober for seven months.I am 37 years old and I attend 3-4 meetings a week. why am I so sensitive? I cry too often!! Is this normal?

Hi Leena. My name is Dave and Im an alcoholic.
The meetings will not likely help the crying or other drama in your life. You may hear affirmation from other's with your same plight.
Your sensitivity is common among most all alcoholics so fear not. You're in the right room. Now, I am assuming that the crying is over an event or memory. And, you didnt mention whether or not you had begun to take the 12 steps and work thru the book with a qualified sponsor. My recommendation to you is that you follow up on reading the big book with your sponsor page by page and to take the steps as they are outlined in the book with a qualified sponsor who has been thru them and has taken others thru the steps as well.
It is also possible that you are suffering from a medical condition such as depression which can only be treated by a physician. It may be advisable for you to seek medical attention for evaluation by a qualified physician.
There is a long road of reconstruction ahead. Stopping drinking and listening to others is a good start.
Ours is a program of action. Your seven months is an eternity for someone who cant piece together 7 days. I would advise reaching out to new comers and helping them; bring them for coffee and share your experience strength and hope to date....
God Bless you and keep yu,

Addiction to Alcohol

Dave K

I'm an active member of Alcoholics Anonymous and have been sober for over 8 years. I am only able to assist people with a desire to stop drinking or other fellow members of AA who may need an ear. I'm sorry...but I'm not qualified to assist you with questions about your relationship with someone else in your life with an alcohol problem. That is, for the most part, out of the scope of my area of expertise. I'm only able to assist the person suffering. I've read our "Big Book" of alcoholics anonymous many times as I have many of the other accepted literature in AA. I've sponsored a few guys and have my own sponsor. I'm more than willing to take your questions about your own problems with alcohol. I've had a strong spiritual journey of the educational variety and would be happy to share my experience strength and hope with you. If you think you have a problem with drinking we can talk. I work in the Health Care field and have researched many of the medical aspects of alcoholism and addiction so I'm comfortable with my working medical knowledge of addiction. Disclaimer: I do not represent AA nor am I a spokesman for AA. I cant and wont answer questions about alcoholics anonymous in any capacity that would have me explain AA's view on any subject. We neither endorse nor promote any outside interests or causes. *****Further: I must limit my answers only to the person who is suffering from alcoholism or who has a sincere desire to quit drinking.*****

Sober 8 years. Held many positions in my large fellowship. Secretary, treasurer, alternate general secretary, H&I visits to a local state prison, lead our fellowships book study for a term. Hold a Big Book study in my home. Sponsored a number of guys. Taken a few all the way through the steps.

Read the Big Book many times and attended book studies reading the Big Book cover to cover. Also the 12 and 12 cover to cover. I have an advanced degree in a health care field.