Addiction to Alcohol/Light beer

I am attempting to cut way back on my alcohol consumption, which was not a dependency but was becoming problematic, especially weekend binges.
I went from liquor to beer to light beer only now. Since its summer and O golf and play outdor sports, turning away a beer with friends it torture.
I have noticed I can drink quite a few light beers and not get much of a buzz, in fact I get so full I am not thirsty and can stop. However with regular beer I get that buzz after only two, and the temptation to get inebriated comes over me.
I know that switching to light beer is not a cure for problem drinking, but it seems to be working for me. Your thoughts appreciated!

Hi Barry,
Having problems within alcohol is always a sign that you may be hypoglycaemic (

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

Also read:

Why Alcoholics Drink

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:

Addiction to Alcohol

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapy and psychotherapy

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

Book: "Getting Off the Hook"freely available on the internet at Google Book Search.
Editor: Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych), Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)