Addiction to Alcohol/family meetings with alcoholic

What is the name of a family or friends meeting, with an alcoholic to

try to get him/her to stop abusing themselves?

Dear Robert, I do not understand your question.  But if you want to have a family gathering for the purpose of helping an alcoholic in the family, I suggest you get the alcoholics to study - if he is motivated - the nutritional aspects of alcoholism, by getting him to read;

Why Alcoholics Drink

Alcoholism is a Treatable Disease

Drug Addiction is a Nutritional Disorder

What is Hypoglycemia?

Hypoglycemic Diet

He will also be able to ask questions at:

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:  

Addiction to Alcohol

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapy and psychotherapy

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

Book: "Getting Off the Hook"freely available on the internet at Google Book Search.
Editor: Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych), Sydney University, Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)