Addiction to Alcohol/Lowered tolerance after weeks of sobriety?

Question
Hi Dave, its me bud again. After being sober for over a month, and feeling pretty self righteous, not to mention feeling better physically as well,on Saturday a bottle of Smirnoff knocked me off my high horse. The funny thing is that I didnt really 'need a drink' like I used to, it was more of an experiment. Of course, the experiment went bad, I drank the whole bottle, along with some beers. The weird thing is that Sunday I was sick to my stomach and actually threw up. My wife says I havent done that for over 20 years! A bottle of vodka and some beers was my usual weekend. My theory is that my 'system' is becoming normalised after weeks off the booze, then it got hit with a major insult. Kind of like how it would affect a non drinker?! What do you think? Anyway, its another good reason to stay clear of the stuff! Thanks for your thoughts!

Answer
Hello Bud
I think the question that you might want to ask your self is why you drank a whole bottle of Smirnoff and some beers… When it was more of an experiment? I can tell you that I think the question that you might want to ask your self is why you drank a whole bottle of Smirnoff and some beers… When it was more of an experiment? I can tell you that in an alcoholic like me, once I drink any amount of alcohol including a sip of wine at communion… The phenomenon of craving kicks in .   In an alcoholic like me, once I drink any amount of alcohol including a sip of wine at communion… The phenomenon of craving kicks in and I do not stop drinking until either I can't drink Anymore because I am incapacitated or there is no other way to get more booze… Sometimes I would throw up others I wouldn't… So by definition, an alcoholic is one who cannot control his drinking once started and cannot stay stopped on his own… Does any of that sound familiar? If it does you might be an alcoholic Definition an alcoholic is one who cannot control his drinking once started and cannot stay stopped on his own… Does any of that sound familiar? If it does you might be an alcoholic.  You might try and Alcoholics Anonymous meeting… Dave  

Addiction to Alcohol

Dave K