Addiction to Drugs/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Drugs9/6/2016Jacqui
  Q: I have a question about the distinction between drugs and normal healthy ingestable substances. ...
  A: I have no idea why anyone would reject this question, it's a great question. I don't think there is ...
Tobacco Addiction - How to stop?8/17/2016Sherrie Sweet
  Q: Iam Sudha from Coimbatore, India. My husband is a tobacco consumer (brand:pan parag). He wants to ...
  A: I am not aware of the resources available in India for tobacco cessation. It is wonderful that he ...
ex-bf/good friend addicted to pain killers6/4/2016Sherrie Sweet
  Q: I entered into a relationship with this really amazing guy. We were best friends and had this ...
  A: Watching someone you love struggle with addiction is so difficult. If you choose to remain a ...
Dragging temporary girlfriend into Heroin6/2/2016Jacqui
  Q: Ive been dealing with a major drugs issue in my friendship group for a long time. we are all just ...
  A: Hey Eggplant, Thanks for your question and apologies for the delayed response. There are a couple ...
Huffing4/10/2016Jacqui
  Q: In the past two weeks, I've recently relapsed and begun huffing and cutting again. Before this ...
  A: Huffing, or inhaling volatile substances, has quite a lot of risks involved. The chemicals ...
Detox symptoms?11/26/2015Patricia M.
  Q: I am a 56 year old guy, decent health. Two weeks ago I decided to give up my three prescriptions, ...
  A: first I want to apologize for the long wait. I have a teenager who is in a long-term care facility, ...
drug...cocaine9/13/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: Is it cocaine or any other type of drugs? It tasteles and it cream white in colour
  A: I do not understand your question. I cannot say from a distance what drug you are talking about. Why ...
Crack relapse8/3/2015Patricia M.
  Q: Can cigarette smoke trigger a relapse in a crack addict. If so how does this mechanism work?
  A: Everett, I answered your question a few days ago, then it disappeared into "cyberspace". I suppose ...
Quitting Fentanyl7/27/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I'm John and 67 yr. old. I've been on Fentanyl 100 at 1 pr. 48 Hr. for 10 Yr. The Patch doesn't ...
  A: There are several ways of withdrawing from drugs. But the first thing is to understand why you are ...
Oxycodone abuse by mother? Help.6/25/2015Sherrie Sweet
  Q: I'm 14, by the way. A while back my mother broke her back. She was prescribed a narcotic called ...
  A: Isabelle, Your mom needs help, you are correct, but you are not the person to do it. AS you said, ...
Withdrawal heart5/3/2015Sherrie Sweet
  Q: I am 23 and have been taking opiates for several years. I've tried to quit before but always ...
  A: Congratulations Conrad, It sounds like you are on the right track to recovery. Staying abstinent ...
excessive meth use4/27/2015Charles I.
  Q: How long does it normally take to become addicted if user is injecting. With that consider that the ...
  A: Well, there isn't a straight forward answer to this question. When it comes to methamphetamine I ...
Son with Addiction?4/23/2015Sherrie Sweet
  Q: I have a 17 year old son that started smoking pot when he was 14. After being caught he quit for 2.5 ...
  A: You are on the right track with seeking help and treatment for your son. Starting anti-depressants ...
Staging an intervention3/21/2015Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I'm F/26. My Dad is 53. He has been an addict to *something* since a teenager. His worst addiction ...
  A: This is not a good situation. He really needs to be stopped selling his pills, which by the way is a ...
please daignose my problem3/14/2015Jacqui
  Q: please help, i am stuck from past five years, trying to quit cold turkey weed and cigarettes…please ...
  A: I would never laugh at someone on this site. People ask questions because they need help. ...
Heroin addiction recovery2/9/2015Sherrie Sweet
  Q: My daughter says she is on Suboxone and trying to get well but she has an active skin lesion. She ...
  A: scars from injection sites can take quite some time to heal. One month is reasonable for someone to ...
nose one side going in1/19/2015Jacqui
  Q: And I get pains in same side of head.will it recover my nose and grow back in side the nose thanks
  A: I am guessing this is related to cocaine use although I can't be sure as it isn't clear i your ...
Post-Marijuana problems11/29/2014Patricia M.
  Q: I have a strange question and I'm not sure you're going to be able to answer it. Earlier this ...
  A: Ally, I realize you are still awaiting an answer from me, and I do want to help you. I hardly ever ...
please advice11/25/2014Patricia M.
  Q: My name is simona. I am 27 years old. I have been suffering from social anxiety disorder (social ...
  A: Simona, I agree with you, that this is too fast a taper. I also did some research, and I am sending ...
Meth use while pregnant11/14/2014Sherrie Sweet
  Q: I've got a really good friend I'm concerned with, she's been using methamphetamines and she's ...
  A: It is dangerous for your friend to stop on her on, as both she and the baby are dependent on the ...
What to Expect from Quitting Ativan Cold Turkey?11/4/2014Patricia M.
  Q: My friend is currently on Zoloft (not sure of the amount, but I can find out if relevant) and .5mg ...
  A: Jess, That's the reason I do this volunteer work; I get tired of seeing patients ignored by doctors. ...
Ativan Withdrawal- What to Expect?11/4/2014Sherrie Sweet
  A: If she has any Ativan left, she should try to stretch it out as much as possible, to lessen ...
Ativan Withdrawal11/4/2014Peter L.
  A: This is a medical question that I'm not qualified to answer. Benzodiazepan withdrawal can be ...
substance abuse and loss of a family member help10/26/2014Jacqui
  Q: family member death and abuse of meth after effects.. pwhat do i do? Father passed away and lead me ...
  A: I am so pleased you reached out and contacted someone, but I feel a bit helpless as I am in ...
Drug Testing10/5/2014Jacqui
  Q: Recently, I have had a routine drug test for work. I have been taking Tapentadol for about a month ...
  A: Tapentadol isn't a drug that I have heard much about so I did a bit of research to find out more ...
My daughter is a heroin addict/ homeless by choice since 2/20149/27/2014Peter L.
  Q: My daughter was the most perfect kid on earth!! She graduated high school 2013. She struggled her ...
  A: Sounds like a very difficult situation you are facing with your daughter, and the story you tell is ...
Petrcocet question9/21/2014Peter L.
  Q: I have an ongoing lower back problem. Its not a disk issue, but seems more like strain or tendons ...
  A: Well, yours is a very important question, but I don't think anyone knows for sure. I appreciate ...
Petrcocet questio9/21/2014Patricia M.
  A: Craig, It is definitely different for each person, but if you only take one tablet per day for work, ...
Question on percocet9/21/2014Sherrie Sweet
  A: Great question Craig! You are not being paranoid at all, you have every reason to be concerned. ...
Not sure if daughter is really withdrawing from heroin8/25/2014Sherrie Sweet
  Q: My daughter is supposedly withdrawing from a 2 1/2year heroin addiction. (10months shooting up). ...
  A: Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I did not receive the initial notification email. It does ...
two ssri together7/2/2014Patricia M.
  Q: My name is Simona. I stay in India. Please clarify a doubt of mine. I am suffering from social ...
  A: Simona, It would probably be fine, since they are both SSRIs, however, I have known younger ...
Pain killer abuse6/25/2014Peter L.
  Q: My mom is 51 and has been eating lorcets and xanax since 2001. She has bipolar disorder. I was ...
  A: I apologize for the late response to your question. I was away on vacation and forgot to hit the ...
effects of addiction6/16/2014Peter L.
  Q: Is it true that an addicts mind remains the same from the age they started using until they quit? Do ...
  A: No, I don't believe an addicts mind remains the same. There are a lot more factors bearing on ...
Is he using?6/11/2014Sherrie Sweet
  Q: My boyfriend of 1 year is a cocaine and heroin user in recovery. Last week, i found some red pills ...
  A: No you are not stupid for thinking he is on a slippery slope. Anyone taking a "medication" being ...
opiate withdrawl5/15/2014Sherrie Sweet
  Q: I have a medical issue that I've started to notice after quitting opiates 3 months ago. I was ...
  A: Congrats for quitting opiates! That is not an easy feat...you have a lot to be proud of!. Being off ...
addiction4/29/2014Sherrie Sweet
  Q: My granddaughter is 21 years old has a daughter 3 and half years old she is paid child support but ...
  A: It is so hard to watch people that you love suffer from addiction. It is a disease which effects ...
urine test4/22/2014Patricia M.
  Q: When they send a urine to the lab what is it that they check for? Can they detect the temperature ...
  A: They usually check for a person's drug of choice, or if it is a random screen they have a variety of ...
Regarding the overdose of Ivermectin Tablet 10 mg4/2/2014Jacqui
  Q: Can you please let me know the worst effect of Ivermectin Tablets 10 mg , If I have taken 6 tablets ...
  A: I am not a doctor and if you need medical help I suggest you see someone in person not online. I am ...
is it ok to breathe ink through mouth3/31/2014Patricia M.
  Q: is breathing in ink ok My amazing friend was sitting next to me today at school..... he showed me ...
  A: I don't know if it is addictive, but it could be very dangerous, even deadly to your heart, liver, ...
Reforming a Chronic User3/12/2014Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist
  Q: I'm hoping you'll be able to give me some insight for my situation. First of all, I am not the drug ...
  A: I thought I had answered this question before, but apparently you did not receive the answer. If ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Addiction to Drugs

Sherrie Sweet

Top Expert on this page