Addiction to Drugs/Addicted son

GREG EASTER wrote at 2010-10-18 02:43:44
Alabama Teen Challenge changed my son. 6 yrs ago, my 24 yr old son was on all kinds of drugs from prescription med, to meth, to IV drugs and alcohol. He had 6 felonies hanging over him. The judge used Alabama Teen Challenge for the 1st year of a 20 split 3 yr sentence. After 1 yr, he allow Jason to stay 1 more yr. and then sentenced him to a 3rd yr. Now, my son is Director over the Men's center in Selma, AL. He ministers to 30 men and was interviewed this past week on the NBC affiliate and interview by local papers. As a parent first: Pray because prayer WORKS. Second by stong and help by getting him into TC.  Today I witness my 4 mo old grand daughter dedicated in church. My son has been married 2 yrs and the "hollow eyed" look for crystal meth and the other signs of addiction are gone and replace with HOPE and signs where my son is now a productive person. PTL.  Best wishes

Donnie wrote at 2015-03-31 05:38:08
I work in an addiction counseling facility, and the counselor that owns the business has a son who is an addict. He had been staying with her for a few months after promising to stay clean. This last weekend he relapsed and stole $1500.00 from her. When dealing with addiction it is hard to know what rock bottom is. Her son has been in and out of jail and has relapsed over and over. Addicts only care about one thing, and that is their addiction. I myself have struggled with alcoholism, and it took me losing my job, my wife and almost being homeless before I decided that enough was enough. My family tried to help, but they had it with me, which was the best thing that could have happened. At the time in my addiction, I thought they all were against me. I have now been sober for 4 years and if my family had cleaned up all my messes, I would still be drinking. My bosses son will probably end up in prison, and if that's what it takes then that's what it takes. I know it is hard on her to have her son go through this, but she has said it may have to be that way for him to get sober. If he does get sober, I guarantee he will be grateful she didn't fix his mess.  

Addiction to Drugs

Derek Johnson

Any behavior in which you are compelled to engage in when you do not want to can lead to an addiction.

Ask an Expert - Visit my Virtual Office at Kasamba

I offer counseling ( of all types -drugs, alcohol, sexual, anger, depression, co-dependency, anxiety, grief, stress, eating disorders, distortions of thought, compulsions, mood disorders, controlling behaviors, inferiority, marriage and family, motivation, life coaching, relapse prevention and recovery counseling- from an eclectic approach.

My abilities are being refined daily by supervising a counseling center that offers counseling to 120 clients. I have 10 years of direct care in all counseling arenas. I also have 2 years experience working with the mentally handicapped. Additionally, I have 2 years experience in Marriage and Family relationship issues. I have personally and unfortunately experienced sexual abuse, a suicide attempt and many addictions. This gives me a unique perspective in helping others.

Teen Challenge of Florida
Florida Certification Board
International Society for Mental Health Online
International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium

Certified Mental Health Professional # 50190 (MA)/ Certified Addiction Professional #3279 (MA) / Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Sociology / Internationally Certified Counselor #24570 / Certified by the Florida Certification Board / Certified by International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium / NET Institute Diploma for Counseling and Addiction Studies