Addiction to Drugs/My wife is completely different on adderall

Joseph wrote at 2011-03-07 17:23:08
Kenny,

Man I feel your pain. The only difference is that my wife and I are still together. Her addiction actually started with MY prescription to adderall that I need to severe ADD. She steals and lies and she too lost almost a hundred bounds. I disagree with Mike that it sounds like she's doing more, I know for a fact that my wife is only on adderall and her attitude is exactly the same. In the beginning I thought it was because I too lost my job. But I see now that it's the addiction. Crazy thing is that I am a recovering addict, been on just about everything there is out there, but I didn't want to see it in her. She was always a sweet person, NEVER lied to me, but now she lies more than she tells the truth. I'm lost myself on how to help her. I don't have any good advice other than to tell you to look out for your kids number one, one thing that I do know is that an addict won't get clean until they are ready to. They can't do it for any one but themselves or they will just continue to relapse. Youre not alone, and I am praying for you.

Wish you luck,

Joseph

Dr. Brandon wrote at 2011-09-01 04:26:29
I disagree with the response above. 5x20mg of adderall per day (100mg) is a HUGE dose, so she may as well be taking crack or cocaine.

"The selfishness and attitude problem is very consistant with crack or heroin addiction. " Also pertains to amphetamines, especially in high doses.

Mike wrote at 2013-10-24 20:22:23
I have the same problem with my wife, minus leaving me & such a huge weight loss, but it's significant.  The aggressive behavior, unrelenting anger, & poor treatment to me is almost impossible to deal with.  We have 2 kids & I'm considering divorce.  I hope your situation works out.

Addiction to Drugs

michael tomaino