Addiction to Drugs/DXM

Kira wrote at 2013-12-09 20:12:27
I myself am an addict to DXM. I really do know how you feel. I have been in treatment for almost a year now, and it took me 9 months to finally decide to be sober. It's hard because drugs do have a long lasting impact on chemical balances in your body. When you use a drug, your dopamine levels raise a lot. If you use for an extended amount of time your body stop naturally producing a normal amount of dopamine, which makes you feel awful unless your high. When you stop using, you dopamine levels will continue to be lower than a normal persons. If you can stay sober long enough, your levels will stabilize again, but it may take a long time, depending on how long you used. Your whole life changes when you use, and it will change again when you become sober, and this time your not numb for the change. It's hard, believe me, I know. If you can get through the change, though, you will have a whole new take on life, and look at things in a different way than you did before ever using. I'm am a MUCH better person than I was before I used, because of the change I was forced to make. My life now is much happier,can't my dopamine levels are stabilizing again. If you would like to talk to me sometime, I would be happy to help you out. My e-mail is or  

Addiction to Drugs

Sherrie Sweet

I am qualified to answer questions in all areas of addiction and recovery. If you have a question that I can not answer, I am not afraid to tell you that I do not know, however, I am willing to help you find the answer. I am qualified to assist you with questions asked by the individual who is using drugs or alcohol, as well as questions from concerned friends and family members. I understand the stigmas of this disease and the difficult issues that arise from substance use. I am here to offer guidance and support.

I have worked in the field of substance abuse for 20 years. I have experience working in the areas of inpatient detoxification, outpatient counseling, halfway houses, self help groups, individual, marital and family counseling, drunken driving education, pregnant and parenting programs, and medication assisted treatment. Additionally, I have a strong background in medical issues, psychopharmacology and mental health issues. I believe in individualized treatment which meets the specific needs of each person suffering from the disease of addiction.

I currently hold a Masters Degree in Human Services/Psychology. I am also continuing with a PhD in Counseling Psychology. I am internationally certified as an Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor, and licensed as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor. I am additionally pursuing the credential of a Substance Abuse Professional which will allow me to work with and evaluate individuals who are employed within the D.O.T. system. Lastly, I am a partner in private practice working with individuals who are seeking recovery from addictive disorders.

I have extensive experience working with individuals from all walks of life. I have worked with professionals, community leaders, NFL players, police officers, lawyers, nurses, homeless individuals, the indigent, doctors, and attorneys.