Addiction to Drugs/Looking for a good Psychotherapist

Hi Mr Plesman
I am looking for a good nutritional psychotherapist who understands the relationship between nutrition, mental health and drug addiction. I live in country NSW. There are so many therapists listed but don't seem to have all of what I am looking for. I would be grateful if you could help me with some recommendation. I am willing to travel.
Thank you for your time.

Hi Maree,

I know it is not easy to find a nutritional psychotherapist. This is why I have devoted much of my time to teaching a self-help course for psychotherapy. This is done by getting people to read articles on the various subjects in this area. If you want to search for a nutritional psychotherapist I suggest you consult:

Looking for Complementary Health Practitioners at

On the other hand if you could let me know what area or what symptoms you are dealing with, perhaps I could refer you to various articles that deal with these.

If you go to

you could ask questions there.

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Emeritus Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman
Also at Facebook:

Addiction to Drugs

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

which is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) (Sydney University) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)