Addiction to Drugs/Not sure if daughter is really withdrawing from heroin

Question
My daughter is supposedly withdrawing from a 2  1/2year heroin addiction.  (10months shooting up). She says she tapered her dose age down significantly in the past 3 months.  She is supposedly in about 36 hrs. But she has been sleeping about 1/2 to 2/3 rds of that time.  Not complaint about pain either,  Some yawning yesterday and some watery eyes yesterday and today.  On off cold hot, somewhat irritable.  Took two doses of Elimindrol yesterday but  none today.  Since she didn't take the withdrawal medicine today I was expecting more symptoms,  what do you think?  Is she really in detox without the symptoms?  She has found ways to sneak drugs before.

Answer
Hi Sophia,
Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I did not receive the initial notification email. It does not sound like your daughter is having typical withdrawal symptoms from heroin. If she did stop completely, I would expect her symptoms to be much stronger.
Perhaps she is still taking some for of an opioid to prevent the full blown withdrawal?
I know it is difficult to watch your daughter go through this. I encourage you to make an appointment for her to see an experienced addiction counselor to help her gain sobriety and heal from this disease.
Wishing you all health and happiness,
Sherrie

Addiction to Drugs

Sherrie Sweet