Addiction to Drugs/Heroin addiction recovery

My daughter says she is on  Suboxone and trying to get well but she has an active skin lesion. She says it is residual. I am skeptical. She supposedly has been on Suboxone for over a month.  I have a very hard time believing anything that comes out of her mouth. Could she be telling me the truth?
Thanks for your response.

Hi, scars from injection sites can take quite some time to heal. One month is reasonable for someone to still have visible lesions. However, as you are aware, addiction is a relapsing disease. Often times patients use again, especially at the beginning of treatment. I encourage you to seek help and support for yourself through al - anon meetings. You can locate this free support group in your area by searching
Good luck to you on and your daughter,

Addiction to Drugs

Sherrie Sweet

I am qualified to answer questions in all areas of addiction and recovery. If you have a question that I can not answer, I am not afraid to tell you that I do not know, however, I am willing to help you find the answer. I am qualified to assist you with questions asked by the individual who is using drugs or alcohol, as well as questions from concerned friends and family members. I understand the stigmas of this disease and the difficult issues that arise from substance use. I am here to offer guidance and support.

I have worked in the field of substance abuse for 20 years. I have experience working in the areas of inpatient detoxification, outpatient counseling, halfway houses, self help groups, individual, marital and family counseling, drunken driving education, pregnant and parenting programs, and medication assisted treatment. Additionally, I have a strong background in medical issues, psychopharmacology and mental health issues. I believe in individualized treatment which meets the specific needs of each person suffering from the disease of addiction.

I currently hold a Masters Degree in Human Services/Psychology. I am also continuing with a PhD in Counseling Psychology. I am internationally certified as an Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor, and licensed as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor. I am additionally pursuing the credential of a Substance Abuse Professional which will allow me to work with and evaluate individuals who are employed within the D.O.T. system. Lastly, I am a partner in private practice working with individuals who are seeking recovery from addictive disorders.

I have extensive experience working with individuals from all walks of life. I have worked with professionals, community leaders, NFL players, police officers, lawyers, nurses, homeless individuals, the indigent, doctors, and attorneys.