Addiction to Drugs/Quitting Fentanyl

Hi!  I'm John  and 67 yr. old. I've been on Fentanyl 100 at 1 pr. 48 Hr. for 10 Yr. The Patch doesn't  have any side effects on me. I go on 75s in two days as an at home Detox program. Is there anything that I should be taking or doing to help me get thought the withdrawals. As far as I know I just have a physical Addiction to the Fentanyl. Can you please help me.  I was put on Fentanyl after averting else stop working. I've been in Pain for over 25 yr. Anything will be a big Help. sincerely John.

Hi John,

There are several ways of withdrawing from drugs. But the first thing is to understand why you are taking drugs. I believe it is as a pain relief. Then the question is what causes you to have pain. I know when people are on a hypoglycemic diet ( they are better able to withstand the pain.  In other words, when you are hypoglycemic ( you are more sensitive to pain.

When you withdraw from addictive drugs, then I advise people as explaied at:

I have an article called Management of Chronic Pain. You can find it at

As an alternative, I suggest that you get a referral to a nutritional doctor as it is difficult to give advice when you don’t know the person.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
Also at Facebook:
My Articles at Docs

Addiction to Drugs

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Nutritional Psychotherapist

The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia

which is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA(Psych) (Sydney University) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)