Adobe Acrobat/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Deactivation of Adobe Professional 99/9/2011Ken Black
  Q: I have to wipe a computer and reinstall Adobe Professional 9. Before doing this, I need to ...
  A: The installation is either part of one of the Creative Suites and you will need to deactivate from ...
Adobe calculator6/7/2011Ken Black
  Q: I work in an accounting position, and I just recently switched jobs. In my last company, we had a ...
  A: The only calculator tool that I am aware of is a Flash multi-media application that can be added to ...
Convert Color PDF to Grayscale3/12/2011Ken Black
  Q: I have Acrobat 7 and Pitstop 7.52 for Mac. Can you tell me how to convert PDFs to grayscale, please? ...
  A: You can create an action that will change the entire document to grayscale. Open the Action List ...
Can Adobe Acrobat run by itself?2/18/2011Ken Black
  Q: .. I use to let photo shop run by action from start to end as save as by itself to make my life ...
  A: Under the Advanced menu, choose Preflight. In the dialog box that opens click the Profiles tab, then ...
Pitstop action1/22/2011Ken Black
  Q: Using pitstop pro 9 in acrobat full version 9 I am trying to write pitstop action to do following ...
  A: There is an Action already in the Action List that should do what you are looking for. Open the ...
Default values for Adobe12/22/2010Ken Black
  Q: several thousand documents to go. The scanner is a Fujitsu S110C and the techie set it to Twain to ...
  A: It looks like the settings you are talking about are part of the TWAIN for the Fujitsu itself, not ...
Text alignment12/11/2010Ken Black
  Q: I am using acrobat 7 and 9 pro and want to keep text in center alignment. When I use acrobat 5 it ...
  A: I am not aware of any text alignment feature involving the touchup text tool. You can align text ...
Single PDF fillin form will not save by Reader 912/10/2010Ken Black
  Q: I have a fillin PDF form that allows entry and saving on other peoples computers but not mine. I ...
  A: Sounds like the form in question has security set to not allow saving. Unfortunately, you will need ...
Replacing text in a PDF fil;e.10/17/2010Ken Black
  Q: How can I replace text within a PDF file?
  A: First you must be using Acrobat Professional, not Reader. The font for the type you wish to edit ...
File sizes10/1/2010Ken Black
  Q: When you choose to "Save As" a PDF,the file size is quite small. When you choose to "Publish" as a ...
  A: Your pdf file size is larger because it has to include all of the linked files within it, vs. the ...
ADOBE Question9/23/2010Ken Black
  Q: Please see attached. Can you please point me in the right direction on something like this? I went ...
  A: It looks like the font that has been used is not translating properly or has become corrupt. This is ...
adobe acrobat9/13/2010Ken Black
  Q: Does Adobe Acrobat 9 AND also Adobe Reader 9 work with Windows 7? I'm getting conflicting answers ...
  A: From my own personal experience, Acrobat 9 and also Reader 9 work with Windows 7. I am running an HP ...
footer text & page # in PDF do not print Adobe 8 Standard9/10/2010Ken Black
  Q: 1.0 Footer created using Adobe 8.0 Standard toolbar does not print. Nor does it appear in the ...
  A: I have tried to recreate your problem without any luck. Try switching fonts, it is possible that the ...
Use code to combine PDF documents8/24/2010Ken Black
  Q: I've searched and have not been able to find an answer. I'm not sure this is the right forum, if ...
  A: Sorry I cannot help you here due to my being relatively new to coding, but I did find a couple of ...
print in black only8/21/2010Ken Black
  Q: I read AllExperts search re: Adobe Acrobat. I don't believe I have it on my new computer and I want ...
  A: I am not sure what you have or do not have on your computer. I assume you have something that allows ...
security8/6/2010Ken Black
  Q: how do I password protect multiple PDF's at one time? I have been adding security to my PDF files ...
  A: What version of Acrobat are you using? In Acrobat Pro 9, under the Advanced menu, choose Document ...
Locking Forms7/15/2010Ken Black
  Q: My department manufactures a pdf from our files and we send it to customer service. There a customer ...
  A: There is a way to lock the form, but it has to be done by the person who has filled in the form. ...
Automate PDF Forms7/14/2010Ken Black
  Q: I am using Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard, the Acrobat Excel add-in, and Microsoft Excel 2007. What I ...
  A: Output your form from Excel as a pdf. Open the file in Acrobat and choose Forms -> Start Form ...
PDF Converted7/5/2010Ken Black
  Q: I have a file that is the PDF File and its fonts are not created to outline yet. Now I want to open ...
  A: You need to make sure the fonts are embedded in the pdf file from the application that created it ...
Pitstop spot color7/1/2010Ken Black
  Q: I would like to remove or delete the spot color plate from a PDF. Can I do that simply through ...
  A: You can't necessarily delete the spot color automatically. But, you could create an action list to ...
How to fill in a PDF form6/13/2010Ken Black
  Q: I am trying to use a PDF form supplied by our court library to bring a court action. They suggested ...
  A: It's possible that they have created the form so it does not allow any editing. Are you using Adobe ...
e book in acrobat6/12/2010Ken Black
  Q: Can you compile e-books using Adobe Acrobat or do you need to have specific e-book compiler ...
  A: Yes you can compile an ebook using Acrobat Professional by merging pdf files that you have already ...
Printing a .pdf doc5/25/2010Ken Black
  Q: I have been printing a lot of .pdf documents but the other day somehow they do not want to print ...
  A: What operating system and version of Acrobat are you using? On the document that asks to be saved, ...
Converting a website to pdf5/4/2010Ken Black
  Q: I have downloaded a website template ...
  A: Yes this conversion is possible. I recommend starting here at the Adobe website, as this can be a ...
Paper Capture Problem4/4/2010Ken Black
  Q: I have some scaned pdf e-books and all are ocr(paper captured). But there is problem with ocr layer. ...
  A: It sounds like you have the "OCR Suspects" turned on. In Acrobat 9 you can turn them of by choosing ...
finding as matching zipcode or city among two lists4/1/2010Ken Black
  Q: I have two separate pdf files that were created by combining lists of buyers and sellers. How do I ...
  A: I have been unable to find a solution to what you are attempting to do through Acrobat itself, as it ...
Acrobat and Outlook Express3/31/2010Ken Black
  Q: I've downloaded and installed 9.3 and can open documents from the Acrobat program with no problem. ...
  A: Sorry, I can't say I have experienced this issue. My suggestion is that you do not open ...
Embed File3/18/2010Ken Black
  Q: I am working with nitro pdf and I assume that there is enough similarities with adobe that maybe you ...
  A: The file does not open when on machines other than yours because the path it is looking for is the ...
Text in title will not print once converted to pdf1/21/2010Ken Black
  Q: I have several documents in a template that has been used around my office quite a bit. The ...
  A: Double check that the fonts are set to be Embedded in the pdf options when creating the pdf. If you ...
Dust problem1/17/2010Ken Black
  Q: I have thousands of pdf files but all pages has a lot of Spots. I want to remove spot from white ...
  A: Sorry Dhananjay, Acrobat doesn't have any tools that edit images in that way. You could try ...
Change in DPI already saved PDF.11/19/2009Ken Black
  Q: I have a lot of PDF files saved on DPI 150-300. All I need to unify the DPI i.e. 300. But I don't ...
  A: Unfortunately, you are pretty much stuck. You could change the resolution of the pdf by rasterizing ...
VImp: PDF Link11/12/2009Ken Black
  Q: During our process, We have two pdf file(A & B) in same folder. We have provided the links in ...
  A: When you move pdf B to a new location, you will need to change the link targets to reflect the new ...
Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, Calculator11/9/2009Ken Black
  Q: Where can I find the calculator tool in Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional?
PDF Forms - Date/Time Field10/29/2009Ken Black
  Q: Trying to set up a Date/Time Field to be automatically calculated when the user opens the form. No ...
  A: It should not make any difference what the original doc is. The form field and assigned values are ...
Graphic Resolution Issues Between MS Office Applications and Adobe Acrobat10/22/2009Ken Black
  Q: Black, I am a seasoned graphics professional who has been working as a desktop publisher in recent ...
  A: Are MS applications problematic when creating PDFs? YES!!! I have stopped entirely at using the ...
PDF File Size10/7/2009Ken Black
  Q: i have the follow-up information including screen shots but i need to email it can that be done?
  A: You can attach images to your post when you preview your question. There should be an attach image ...
PDF File Size10/6/2009Ken Black
  Q: We publish a monthly magazine for the state of Arizona. Each month we also online publish it to ...
  A: In order to answer your question more effectively, I need to ask for some more information. What ...
Search words in pdf file10/5/2009Ken Black
  Q: I'm trying to do a search within in a pdf file but nothing comes up. Is there something I need to ...
  A: To search within a pdf file, the file must contain text. It is likely that the file you created by ...
editing a PDF9/29/2009Ken Black
  Q: I have a PDF that I got off the website of the organization I work for. I would like to use it for ...
  A: Unfortunately, not all pdf files are created equal. This is to say that certain editing functions ...
Editable PSD to PDF Cv9/28/2009Ken Black
  Q: Black, As more and more companies are preferring to have people apply for jobs online ...
  A: If you are using Photoshop CS 4, the most recent version, it will allow you to Preserve Photoshop ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6   |  Next       All

Adobe Acrobat

Ken Black

Top Expert on this page