Adobe Framemaker/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Book Error in FrameMaker1312/7/2016Wayne Johnson
  Q: I am getting a book error in FrameMaker13 and wondered if you could help. The six FrameMaker files ...
  A: Nikki - There could be a couple of things that are causing the problem. 1. Do you have ...
Framemaker Version for a Given Document7/19/2016Wayne Johnson
  Q: Without opening a given document, how do you determine the version of Framemaker that document was ...
  A: Gary - I do not know of anything that will show in the attribute file. What you can try is the ...
Simplified Chinese index4/12/2016Wayne Johnson
  Q: Generating an index in a Chinese translation book file results in ???? replacing characters in the ...
  A: Norah - Sorry I can not help you because I don't know anything about simplified Chinese. You might ...
Saving Book versions12/21/2015Wayne Johnson
  Q: I'm trying to save a book file as a new book file with another name. I do this in Word all the time, ...
  A: Larry - I am a little confused, in your description are you using BOOKS or FILES. You can open a ...
Merging Table Issue9/21/2015Wayne Johnson
  Q: While using the copy paste feature to merge multiple tables, I've come across one table where only ...
  A: Eve - If the table you are pasting into is near the bottom of the page and for some reason if the ...
FrameMaker 12 - Graphics anchored to text flow4/9/2015Wayne Johnson
  Q: I am required to make books. Their page master format currently is 2 column, landscape page. The ...
  A: Gary - I For the graphic problem. Insert 1 paragraph return and then go to paragraph styles and ...
Resolving Invisible Unresolved Cross-references in FM 11 (unstructured)10/22/2014Wayne Johnson
  Q: We have an operations manual (aviation) that is maintained with FrameMaker 11. The issue is when ...
  A: Balaji - This is what I found when doing the following internet search "framemaker 11 unresolved ...
Frame Maker Doubt - Postscript Driver3/24/2014Wayne Johnson
  Q: We are using Adobe Framemaker6.0 in our company and we recently changed our OS to Windows 8.1 in our ...
  A: Padmaja - You are using a very old piece of software. The only thing I can suggest is the following: ...
Figure link placement incorrect in pdf file12/24/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: Using the Windows version of Framemaker 11, the structure of the documents we create is such that an ...
  A: Ken, This is basically a function of the Adobe Acrobat. The following applies to Acrobat Reader 10 ...
Frame 11 - and tables don't show up in PDF9/12/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: When I make a PDF file from a Framemaker book, some tables are showing up as lines with no text. All ...
  A: Carl - Without actually seeing your files the only thing I can suggest is to print your files as a ...
Framemaker 6.0 - Table Header Change Bars9/4/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: I need to have all my continuous table heads in one table have the change bar ON, but I can only get ...
  A: Lori - There is no way I know of to make the table header "change bar" automatically appear on each ...
? in TOC of file saved to pdf7/2/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: Wayne, I am using Framemaker 11 (unstructured). I upgraded for Framemaker 8. When I save a ...
  A: Brad - I don't have Frame 11 so I can only make a few suggestions. 1. Have you "Opened" all the ...
PDF index bookmarks display in wrong place5/3/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: When I create a PDF of a book in Frame 10, I have a problem with the bookmarks. The letters that ...
  A: Kay - you need to send me some files so I can take a look at them to see what is going on. Please ...
FrameMaker book to PDF4/23/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: I'm on FrameMaker 9 and hopefully you can help me. I have a few questions to ask about running a ...
  A: Christine - For your page numbering problem - try the following: The following locations on the menu ...
Displaying a graphic in TOC or LOP3/21/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: Wayne, we are using Frame 11 to produce training materials. We create the student guide in Frame ...
  A: Mike - There is no way that I know of to capture the graphic like you want. The only way you could ...
Framemaker 9 cross reference formats3/11/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: I would like to generate a cross-reference to a character tag instead of a paragraph tag so that the ...
  A: Nancy - The following information is from Frame 7 and it might do what you want. This information is ...
2 line headings in TOC3/7/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: I have book in FM 10 I've been updating for a while with no issues. The auto generated TOC used ...
  A: Mark - Without seeing your documents, the only thing I can suggest is: If you are using a "tab" ...
FM11 - adding external files to book3/6/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: I am a novice FrameMaker user and a lone author - and I'm stuck! I need to include a number of ...
  A: Sue There is no way for you to add a pdf file to the book and have it integrate into your Frame ...
Table Flow2/13/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: I have a 1000 row Excel file with 13 columns. I need the first 6 columns on all the left hand pages ...
  A: John - There is no "easy" way that I know of that will accomplish what you want to do. You could ...
Translating cross-references in FM101/29/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: Wayne, I have a project done in FM10 by a company. They want it translated into several languages. ...
  A: Sebastian If you are leaving the files in a Framemaker format why are you converting it to a .mif, ...
FM9 -- unable to select/delete object1/28/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: I'm currently making revisions to a FrameMaker document. One of the revisions involves adding boxes ...
  A: Todd - Without seeing your document, I can only guess as to what might be happening. Try the ...
Frame 8 book error log1/28/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: For two of the chapters in my book i get a laundry list of "Print Settings" errors when i compile ...
  A: Carol - All this means is the color settings are different then the file that proceeds it, in your ...
Add TOC - crash1/8/2013Wayne Johnson
  Q: I am using FM11 and I have a book with 8 chapters. When I add a TOC I get internal error and then it ...
  A: William Not having Frame 11 - and not seeing the files, the only suggestion I can make is: Make a ...
FM 10 - Genegerated TOC in wrong Order11/27/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I am using Structured FM 10. I've got a file organised in chapters, titles, subtitles etc. When I ...
  A: Guillaume - Without seeing your files - the only thing I can think of is your paragraph numbered 1 - ...
Frame 7.2 to 10: Font issues10/25/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: 2 files, and have encountered some display issues with certain fonts (Arial Cyrillic, Greek, and ...
  A: Susan - Sorry - but I am unable to give you much help as I have no experience with Frame 10. However ...
function keys10/19/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I want to setup a function key to bring up the master page usage dialogue in FM 9. Is there a way to ...
  A: Jared - I think you can do this but it going to take some reading on your part to accomplish it. The ...
FrameMaker TOC10/17/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: Wayne, I consider myself to be expertly proficient with Framemaker unstructered, but have ...
  A: Charles I am not sure what WP means. Sometimes when you create a link and depending where you have ...
Blank pages in FrameMaker 99/19/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I have a straightforward document with a title page (starting on the right-hand page), then a blank ...
  A: Robin - In normal useage, Framemaker only adds a page as required, i.e. there is more text than one ...
Dotted/Dashed Frames8/2/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I am using Framemaker 9. I use personal tables. For some of these, I would like my table borders to ...
  A: Guillaume - There isn't anyway that I know of to have table borders as dotted or dashed lines. What ...
FM 10 page numbering7/17/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I'm in the variables pod and on the master page of my first chapter in a book. I want the page ...
  A: Peigi - I don't have Frame 10 only Frame 7 - but the following should work the same way. Also, I am ...
FrameMaker TOC clickable links6/22/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I am using FrameMaker 9, creating a multi-chapter book. I have a TOC that is generated from my ...
  A: Matthew The following information is based upon Frame 7 - but should be the same for Frame 9. When ...
Frame 7 won't start5/23/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I have a sudden problem with Framemaker 7. I have had it installed and working fine for years and ...
  A: Al - You might try the following location: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1943281 for some ...
Page numbering starting with zero5/22/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I'm attempting to number my pages in a document. Somehow, I have it fixed in the footer that my page ...
  A: Ellen - Try the following: 1. The "0" may be behind the "text frame" - try deleting the text frame ...
Linked PDF documents in FM4/10/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I was hoping you could help me with a problem I am having. I wish to create 'objects' or 'links' ...
  A: Cameron - You can do what you want as long as the files are saved on the server with the same folder ...
Section Numbering in book3/13/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I am working in Frame 10 and when I try to change the section numbering in a book, the options are ...
  A: Shar - I am unable to answer you question because I have never used Framemaker 10. But if you are ...
Framemaker 9 & 103/2/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I recently received the Boeing Revisions and when I tried to open them (I have 9), a message came up ...
  A: Denise As far as I know there is no compatibility pack for reading Framemaker 10 files with ...
FrameMaker 7 upgrading to 102/14/2012Wayne Johnson
  Q: I looking into upgrading version 7.2 of FrameMaker to version 10. Do you know of any issues that I ...
  A: Kelley Upgrading to Frame 10: When I have upgraded from 5 to 7, Frame 5 would not open Frame 7 ...
fetching linked graphic files12/15/2011Wayne Johnson
  Q: Iím using FM 9. I need to use linked images and then save the completed book and graphics to a ...
  A: Chris - I am assuming that you have imported your graphics "by reference." Which means they have not ...
changing section header numbering in a document12/9/2011Wayne Johnson
  Q: I inherited a FM 7.2 file whose Header1 numbering begins at 3, but I want it to begin at 5. How do ...
  A: Carmelle One of 2 things can be causing the paragraph to start numbering at 3. Make a copy of your ...
linker12/9/2011Neal Ziring
  Q: 1. if i click the page then will show me that page 2. after create Table of Contents & index then ...
  A: Hoo - I don't understand your question. It sounds like you want to make a list or table of web ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9   |  Next       All

Adobe Framemaker

Wayne Johnson

Top Expert on this page