Adobe Framemaker/Frame 7.2 to 10: Font issues

Question
Hello -- We are beginning to test Frame 10 by importing our old Frame 7.2 files, and have encountered some display issues with certain fonts (Arial Cyrillic, Greek, and Turkish in particular). The text looks fine in the FM 7.2 (source) files, but it appears as gibberish (glyphs?) in the FM 10 (chapter) templates when we import the source files. We set up all paragraph styles in the FM 10 chapter template to exactly match those in the FM 7.2 source files. Is this a Unicode conversion issue? If so, how can we fix it?

Answer
Susan - Sorry - but I am unable to give you much help as I have no experience with Frame 10.
However when I have upgraded to different versions of Frame, (ie 6 to 7) I have found some of the same problems, especially with graphics and some fonts. We would just review each file and than then correct as necessary.

What I would suggest is saving your files as a mif file and try importing the mif file.

What you might also try is to Open a blank Frame 10 document and then import the styles etc from your Frame 7 document - then just do a copy and paste of the the document.

Regards, Wayne

Adobe Framemaker

Wayne Johnson