Adobe Framemaker/Add TOC - crash

I am using FM11 and I have a book with 8 chapters. When I add a TOC I get internal error and then it crashes. I have run this by adobe support and they said it has to do with my formatting and not the program. What can I check in my formatting that might cause my program to crash? Do I need to check any parts of my master or reference pages?

Not having Frame 11 - and not seeing the files, the only suggestion I can make is:
Make a copy of book.
Then I would remove 1 file at a time to determine which file is giving you the problem.
With only 8 Chapters this shouldn't take too much of your time.

The other way is to add your first file - create your TOC, and if it works OK - continue to add the Chapters until you find the one that is giving you the problem.
Then I would just make a new document and then then copy the chapter text into the new file.
You probably have one Tag or Paragraph style that is causing the crash.

Remember to rebuild your TOC each time you add or remove a file.
Hope this helps you out.
Regards, Wayne

Adobe Framemaker

Wayne Johnson

Basic set-up of books, master pages, generation of List of Effective pages (LEP), Indexing, auto-numbering. Various ways to import graphics, including advantages and disadvantages of importing into a text frame or importing into a "blank" page. Using a "book" to generate PDF files, with hyperlinking. Customization of function keys, currently setup for Frame 7.0 i.e. change F1 to turn "Change bar" On and Off, F2 to "Cut" a selection, F3 to copy, F4 to Paste, F6 to set line to "TOP OF PAGE" and Shift F6 to start line "anywhere" these can be easily your current config files and if you do not like them - old config files can be restored. I have no expertise in Structured Framemaker, (i.e. XML or SGML).

10 years working with Framemaker, all version through Version 7.0
Primarily writing to Aviation ATA spec 100. Currently responsible for maintaining all company published maintenance documents in Framemaker and PDF and making them accessible through the company intranet.